So if you could open your heart and let people listen in, with words and music....what song would be you??? 

Some people might say what does your soul sound like, but I prefer to call it my essence, because I don't so much think about a soul per se....

And if you don't think you can come up with just one, please just post some of your favorites!!

This should be fun, and maybe hard, but here it goes for me....

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Kelly. I've been thinking about this since you sent your request and I have to say I cannot think of any individual songs that would define me overall or even at any given moment. On the other hand, depending on my mood, the season or things going on in my life, certain styles will always be evident. I am a huge fan of death metal and black metal. Surprisingly enough, those styles I listen to when I am in a very good, almost gregarious mood. Some favorites are Watain, Helheim, Asphix, Belphegor, Krisiun. I like it for the extreme energy. \m/

Currently though, I am on a Porcupine Tree bent. I've been listening to their entire catalog lately. They are very psyhedelic in nature (Voyage 34, for example), but encompass metal (like Opeth and Enslaved) and large doses prog (think Yes, Rush and Pink Floyd).

I know that was a tough thing to ask, for just one song.  I am getting the picture though.  Why don't you post some links to a few of your faves??

I never really had a favorite song, just some songs I would listen to more often than others and I always find "New Favorites" like this remake version of Astral Romance by Nightwish, but I wouldn't say if you poured my "essence" into a glass and set it on a table infront of an amplifier it would sound like this - LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQJ13czamY

Yes yes!!!  I likey....added to ma I-pod..... :)

That's tough ... I guess if I had to pick one at this very instant.

I have ALWAYS liked this song!!!  I once saw a montage on Cartoon Network, that put this song to the Flintstones.  It was actually pretty cool!!  I found it so I'll post it!

Now that is unique!!  I knew I was going to see some interesting stuff from you guys!!!  Thanks for sharing Paul ;)

I can't pick just one. I'm not even sure I could pick 10. But here's one that I like:

SO GLAD somebody posted some METAL lol

Wow Kelly, you struck a chord!  Great topic!

Despite wishing my song could be the Black-Eyed Peas My Humps video, which I love, full of joy and highly dancable, I went through my I-pod and kept coming up with REM Losing My Religion.  Even though no one can be one song, this anthem really hits home, it's me.  If I had a sound track, this would be it.  I really can't even say what it means, but it's me.

YMCA still makes me smile, and I can picture Richard's choices as sweet and playful especially Mahna Mahna, but this is where I am. 

"Losing My Religion"

Life is bigger
It's bigger than you
And you are not me
The lengths that I will go to
The distance in your eyes
Oh no I've said too much
I set it up

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've said too much
I haven't said enough
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

Every whisper
Of every waking hour I'm
Choosing my confessions
Trying to keep an eye on you
Like a hurt lost and blinded fool
Oh no I've said too much
I set it up

Consider this
The hint of the century
Consider this
The slip that brought me
To my knees failed
What if all these fantasies
Come flailing around
Now I've said too much
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream
That was just a dream

And that is exactly what my purpose in starting this thread was...to kinda see what flavor's y'all are :)~  I admit to loving that song as well.  I remember seeing REM back in the college years before they hit the bigs.  Would drive down to Athens GA and watch them play.  I knew then they had something completely different.  It was deep!  Great choice!!  Feel free to post others as well.  I am really enjoying this thread :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Michael Penn replied to Christopher Cosgrove's discussion How insecure is the deity that blasphemy has the death sentence? http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28439518
9 minutes ago
Future replied to Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall in the group Atheist News
12 minutes ago
Joe added 2 discussions to the group Atheist News
15 minutes ago
Joe replied to Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall in the group Atheist News
22 minutes ago
Trick replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
22 minutes ago
Pandarius updated their profile
23 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Christopher Cosgrove's discussion How insecure is the deity that blasphemy has the death sentence? http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28439518
24 minutes ago
Future commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
29 minutes ago
Future joined Sentient Biped's group
33 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
43 minutes ago
Jerry Wesner replied to Christopher Cosgrove's discussion How insecure is the deity that blasphemy has the death sentence? http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28439518
1 hour ago
Future replied to Christopher Cosgrove's discussion How insecure is the deity that blasphemy has the death sentence? http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28439518
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service