So if you could open your heart and let people listen in, with words and music....what song would be you??? 

Some people might say what does your soul sound like, but I prefer to call it my essence, because I don't so much think about a soul per se....

And if you don't think you can come up with just one, please just post some of your favorites!!

This should be fun, and maybe hard, but here it goes for me....

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love Todd snider also

Muchas Gracias Double D.....

I'm stuck in the house tonight because we got 5 inches of snow down here in TN so I'm snowed in....I needed to be entertained!!!  Still smiling :)

We only got a dusting here in middle TN... just enough to want a little more
We got just enough for me to want it to go away...hehehe :)

Well, all time would have to be Jeff Buckley's rendition of "Hallelujah." 

Recently though, the hopeless romantic in me has come through. I'm a songwriter myself, and actually my favorite song as of late is one I wrote. I don't have a recording of it on my computer, but I'll post the lyrics(which are copyrighted, just in case you godless heathens were thinking of trying something. haha). It's called "Love Letters Aren't Enough" and deals with fear of rejection–a big problem of mine in my younger days. So long ago. All 5 years(just turned 20).

Well my juliet she waits for me

But my eyes are blind

I cannot see the way that she looks at me all the time

My mind is stuck on poetry

To hopefully, potentially catch her eye 

And bring her home with me

Well im blinded by love

And I cannot see 

That love is right in front of me

Open your eyes

And let love in

Just take a gamble

go all in

Because in the end

The dreams that haunt us

Are the love we never had

Don’t catch your breath

Don’t take a break

All you want is there to take

You’ve go to know

If you’re in love

Love letters aren’t enough

The days pass by like a summer breeze

This song is just hypocrisy

From a man who cannot follow his own words

I’ve got to find a way for me

To break free from this tragedy

And steal the heart of the woman that I love

Open your eyes...

So here we are 

Just you and me

We’re in love so endlessly

We’ve got to run

Make a break for something more

As I run my fingers through your hair

I finally know that you were there

Through all my troubles and my strife

And for the rest of my life

The curse is gone

The spell, it breaks

My heart, forever yours to take

In the end, I saw the light

Now that we’re here it feels so right

All the love ive missed through all these years

The sleepless nights 

The endless tears

Have finally brought me home to you

So open your eyes..

Hey Nick!!  Thanks for sharing your lyrics!  They really are beautiful and make a lot of sense!  I am also a singer.  Mostly blues and rock.  Maybe one of these days I'll let someone make a vid of me singing and post it.  I know I have a powerful voice, but I have always been painfully shy, and don't like attention.  It was the same way with my piano playing.  I love music so much!  I know I am good at it as well, but it's just putting it out there....I hate attention...unless I have had a few beers...then a little attention is ok....hehehehe
I'm gonna have to go with Beethovens 9th symphonyy...

NICE!!!!  Beethoven is one of my favorite classical composers!  Fur Elise is the first song I ever played on the piano.  Something about that tune!  My mom used to teach piano in our home, and when I was little I would hide in the music room and listen to the students.  When lessons were over my mom would let me play on the piano while she made dinner.  I picked out Fur Elise by ear when I was 4 years old.  My mom was shocked that I not only picked out the entire piece, but that I had done in the right key.  Moonlight Sonata is probably my favorite piano piece by him. I don't think anyone could capture raw human emotion in their music quite the way Beethoven did. 

Later on, after I had honed my piano skills, Mozart became a favorite.  His piano pieces are particularly technical, and I enjoyed the challenge of learning the scale runs in his pieces.  These guys were the rock stars of their day.  Great choice Robert!!!

The Ninth is GREAT ... but the Seventh gets under my skin, especially the second movement.  It doesn't get the press that the Ninth does ... but it SHOULD!
I agree! The Seventh is spectacular!

There are so many different kinds of muic that I love; everything from Jimmy Buffett to "Swan Lake," to jazz,  so I can't pick just one. 

But the first thing that came to mind when I read the title of this discussion was "Ding! Dong! The Witch is Dead!" from "The Wizard of Oz."  Long story behind that...when I was in Holiday, one year our biggest production number was a musical skating version of the MGM movie, and that song just cracked me up. {shrugs}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrEdYyejlj8 

(I like this version...always loved Ella)

HALP! No more water!  I'm melllllltinnnnnng!"

For some reason while I was watching this, and listening to it, Sarah Palin kept coming to mind........hmmmmmm 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service