Deconverts: What part of Christian culture do you miss the most? Is there a worship song or hymn you find yourself humming? Do you ever get sentimental over an author or children's book? Do you miss the after church/bible study coffees and potlucks?

I realize there is plenty to NOT miss, but for those who were in the faith longer than out, i'd like to hear about the cultural soft-spots you have since leaving the faith.

Tags: culture, deconversion

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't think of a single thing which I miss. When I think of all the best memories I have from that time (which are few and not dependent on a specific activity) I also think of all the experiences I was robbed of had I been raises in a more liberal secular environment.

Unlike most, the singing and the fellowship were the parts that I hated the most. I absolutely hate Christian gospel music. It is absolutely bereft of musical quality and standing with several hundred of your closest friends doesn't making listening to it any more enjoyable. I am not a very sociable person either and it always felt very strange to have complete strangers approach me as if they were a member of my family and expect that I treat them the same. I need time to get to know someone before I can be comfortable with that.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service