What is the best way to stop your child from becoming an atheist?

I found this on Art of Trolling.  It might be too truthful to be funny, but it brought a smile to my face.

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love it.

One of the best anti-child abuse rants I have ever read.  Because early religious training is one of the most mind destroying (hence child abusing) traditions the human race has ever allowed to become mainstream and acceptable. I was recently snidely spoken to by a 13 year old son of a bunch of "Jack" Mormons who (obviously knowing my stance on evolution) blithely stated that he wanted to have a "tail" like a monkey.  All I could think was how poorly he misunderstood evolution (A failure of our educational system) and how completely unprepared this young man was going to be headed into a future where supernatural causes for humanity will be treated as quaint and fringe. (This will happen, though perhaps not in my lifetime.)

That's great, thanks for sharing!

I saw this elsewhere on A/N some time back and was impressed with it then.  The truly sad commentary is that this instruction not only is a valid means of preventing someone from becoming an atheist, but that it is the means that many parents practice on their children, either consciously or not.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service