I live in a very religious town, so I hear this saying about 2 or 3 times every week, whether it be to me or someone near me.  I usually don't respond when it is said to me, but what do you think a good response would be?

Views: 4253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah - let's not forget the pink unicorn - it loves them back - hahaha

Yeah, Jesus LOVES Travis Bickle ... HOOBOY!

that's good Napoleon

How about: I hope he doesn't love me as much as he loves my sister. He loved her so much he let her die an excruciatingly slow and agonizing death from Lou Gehrig's disease just so he could bring her to him in her early 50s instead of letting her live the full live she so richly loved. I don't need that kind of love from Jesus.

Or how about: Jesus loves me? He must not know what I think of him!

Or: "Jesus loves you."

"No, I'm sorry. Jesus doesn't love me, because I don't hate my family as he commanded."

Just say, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

"Gee, I hope he didn't get the wrong idea. I appreciate his interest, but what works for me is a clean, sane woman. By the way, how do you feel about gay marriage?"

hehe - Michele that was funny : )

Many (most?) people who would pass on that message are very nice well-meaning people.  Just thank them for their thought.

How about something like," I hate him... he will let me into heaven cause I believe,  but not my gay son, or nonbeliever mother, or my brother that is discualified by Mathew 6:1-6 who brags about his righteousness, or my wealthy Republican friend that violates Mathew 7:1-2 and and judges the poor...

You get the idea.

Unquestionably the person who says this to you is guilty of discourtesy and may not even care that he is. Still, I think it's just as discourteous to respond rudely. Some probably mean well. I would save the snappy rejoinders for when they are needed.These days when so many are determined to exercise their second amendment rights, it's best to deal with these intrusions obliquely. A smile and a wink with an indulgent look might be the right response. It has the virtue of leaving the individual wondering what you meant.

They cannot learn without being told!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service