I live in a very religious town, so I hear this saying about 2 or 3 times every week, whether it be to me or someone near me.  I usually don't respond when it is said to me, but what do you think a good response would be?

Views: 4316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And yet another response:

"WHY would I care that some guy who died 2,000 years ago loves me?"

A semi-serious response might go like this:  "If Jesus loves me unconditionally, then where is the benefit in becoming a Christian?  If on the other hand the love of Jesus is contingent on my assuming a particular stance, then how can salvation genuinely be a free gift?"

Hmmm. Good call. I like your logic there.

I'm almost positive that the "unconditional" stuff is not in the N.T.

Jesus has a lot of conditions, most of which his followers ignore.

The answer i liked best:

i just wouldn't dare to use it in real life :P

If you gotta react, OVERREACT!  Nothing succeeds like excess!

He told you that? Why on earth would he tell you? Or...are you just a snoopy asshole digging through the magic sky guy's files?

Father christmas loves you.

My new favorite reply is, "I love Lamp!"

OK how about replying, "Yes, but does he love me in a Biblical sense?"

Make a movie about the RCC showing its sordid history of wholesale slaughter of Arian bishops, "witches," Gnostics, Muslims, and Jews all to the soundtrack of "Yes, Jesus loves you!/Yes, Jesus loves you!/Yes, Jesus loves you/The Bible tells us so."  (Any resemblance to an anti-Romney TV ad from Obama is purely by inspiration.)

Everytime I read a post on this topic, I think of that song and am again astounded that anyone with a brain can think "The Bible Tells us so" is a good reason to believe.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service