I live in a very religious town, so I hear this saying about 2 or 3 times every week, whether it be to me or someone near me.  I usually don't respond when it is said to me, but what do you think a good response would be?

Views: 4266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Allah is most gracious,most merciful!"

How much does that mean to you? Ok, now STFU.

Or, "Allahu akbar! Lulululululululululu!"

But he never returns my calls...

"Well, isn't that special?"  (Remember 'the Church Lady"?)

"May the Goddess of the Tree spread her gracious limbs above you, and may the Sun God Ra shine his light upon you, and may........................."  With a warm smile and a clear intent to continue my blessing ad finitum.

Love the Church Lady!

May the force (or the schwartz for Spaceballs fans)  be with you.

Or in honor of Leonard Nimoy's 80th birthday, give the Vulcan sign and say "live long and prosper."  If that doesn't get them to redirect, try a Vulcan neck pinch.

I had a friend who always said Lenny Lives! (meaning Lenny Karvitz)

I love Jesus too, but in a gay way.

w/o humans god(s) would never exist

jesus (whatever son from whatever creatoin myth story fable) was a martyr painted with a broad brush and even had parts of his life written into books surely authored by what whould be considered violent criminals today. and along came education and communications;

perhaps a perhaps too complex comeback could be

"Jesus loves me? So I can love you back; an atheist loving a christian; you sure you wanna go there?

When do I push on you 'come to the atheist meetup w/me?'"

I wonder how many folks realize when their pockets are getting picked or actual criminals are within the pews watching and waiting; networking. for jesus/god/money dugh.

they must really fear or hate this site; the hurt, maybe dangerous, looking for love, kind of bad people.

push on.

"Are you telling me that a DEAD guy loves me, and that you love him too? Well, I don't. Because that's called necrophillia."

I just had this happen to me.

I replied (my first gut response),

"I have no idea you're talking about."

You guys had some better ones, but I just wanted to share.

oops meant to say:

"I have no idea what you're talking about"

It was off the top of my head...

I'd hope for a funnier less mean sounding reply if it happens again.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service