Has anyone here every thought about what if there happened to be a god. It doesn't really matter what god or what religion just if there is one. When you die what do you think they/him/her would say and how you would react? If they were a god that passed judgment, do you think that they would understand your reasons for not believing and forgive you or would they punish you without question?

I was raised Christian and while I don't believe anything they say, the above still crosses my mind quite often. I'm a musician and I get a lot of gigs playing for church services, especially around Christmas and Easter. It's hard not to listen to the sermon and try to understand their way of thinking during these times and these questions always pop into my mind during and after the service.

Views: 1913

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If there was a God, which there isn't, he (and I'm saying HE, since no woman would screw things up like that) would love us Atheists, Agnostics, Rational Skepticists and Freethinkers more than he would like the greedy, hateful, intolerant, hypocritical Christians.
No woman would screw things up like that? Two words for you:

Leona ... Helmsley!
Sarah ... Palin!
Roger THAT!
Yep, that one says a lot. She's fucking retarded, no offence.
If there is a GOD then in the end I will spit at the feet of the Father, tip my hat to the SOn, and ask the holy spirit where the staircase down is.
The long legs this thread has implies there is a significant number of atheists that are still willing to entertain the idea. Imagine how interested you would be if I posed the question: What if Santa Claus really does exist?
If Santa DOES exist, then he's a piker! I've gotten more stuff I wanted from my partner in the last three years than from that fat farkle in the past 30!
Oh, and as for the deity? I paraphrase a statement I've heard in multiple venues by multiple persons: that which displays no physical defining characteristics is impossible to separate from that which does not exist!
The long legs this thread has implies there is a significant number of atheists that are still willing to entertain the idea. Imagine how interested you would be if I posed the question: What if Santa Claus really does exist?

Well, as has been discussed a few times elsewhere on this thread,

A) Most of us are entertaining the idea as we would any other fictional character/entity. "What if Santa Claus really does exist? Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Vampires in general? What if there are space aliens?"

B) It's also been discussed that entertaining such an idea with even an ounce of seriousness is what separates us from Theists. Many a Theist won't even consider the hypothetical that their god doesn't exist, even just to bounce the notion around and answer a few philosophical questions.
The most difficult thing to understand for me, is the Ter Accident happened in September 2001 in New york, if there is a God, ask him to explain it.
If I woke up in after death in front of gods, I would smite them all and take control over the heavens, then I would walk upon the masses of the earth and enslave the entire population and they would all build great monuments in my glory. Any who stood against me would have the hand of god smash them into the ground. But yeah, that is how it would go, so you better all hope there is not afterlife for me to conquer. I can't do that they say? Pssh.. my myth, my rules.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service