I think it is great fun for the kids. I am for it to continue. I love the decorations and the costumes. The sound of kids yelling "Trick or Treat!" The fall leaves blowing everywhere.

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love Halloween! It's just all-out fun. :-)

Just because I'm no longer a theist doesn't mean I can't enjoy my culture and fun festivities. That goes for other holidays, too. And I enjoy the ones here in Japan, as well. :-)
Holidays to me are just fun.  Candy, decorations, presents, good food, whatever.  No religious conotations (sp?) whatsoever for our family.
Halloween rocks. Is there a push to get rid of it now? It is currently more of an adult's holiday because of all the safety paranoia for kids, though.
Ghouls, vampires, witches, werewolves, zombies, ogres, goblins, and other members of my immediate family. Seriously, I love Halloween.
What about Frankie?
What about scaring the kids on hay rides? When I was a kid here in the 'burbs of Detroit, we had what we called Devil's Night - the night before Halloween where we would toilet paper the neighborhood. Write messages on cars with soap bars. And a whole lot more.
Usually the cops get in the way of mischief night...plus, it isn't so fun to be on the receiving end of it.
Right, Cane.  Now we have "Angel's Night" where volunteers drive around to help keep an eye on things and prevent the fires that were so prevalent on Devil's Night in recent years.  Long ago, it was TPing trees and soaping people's windows.  I remember walking up to my Catholic grade school when I was in maybe 4th or 5th grade to see every window in the school covered in streaks from bars of soap  LOL
Halloween frackin' rocks!  I love it when it falls on Sunday. People here get all bent out of shape and move it to Saturday. Hilarious.
I liked watching Abbott and Costello movies when they met Frankenstein and Dracula, and the Werewolf Scooby Doo was cool around Halloween too. What about "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"
It's my favorite holiday.
I loved the old Abbot and Costello movies on Sunday morning!  And I never miss the Charlie Brown holiday cartoons :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service