What do you expect from an atheist organization?

What sort of benefits would make you join an atheist organization? What issues do you want them to address? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tags: atheism, feedback, organization

Views: 1636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

meetups n' reason rallies
actually resonrally.org is quite a great idea! and show(s)!?
activism is big too.

I don't expect much. I just drop in a few times a year to see if I'm the last one.

nothing much to expect

Mostly separation from church and state, and public places and activities like camp. Equal time to speak my beliefs if they have to speak theirs. Stop persecution  and demonstration in my speaking places. Educating them as to what we are and what we are not. We are not evil any more than them. Only they believe so that is worse. I want to speak on tv and online without being banned.

Meetings where we give like testimonials where we can separate truth from belief. To get back sanity and the power of us to improve our world.

Les Athées Napoléonienne

Les règlements sont faits pour les médiocres et les indécis ; rien de grand ne se fait sans l'imagination.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Les Athées Napoléonienne

I would like to see a universal cone of silence religiously worn by the righteous.

http://youtu.be/g1eUIK9CihA

convenient parking

camaraderie

local meetups?

"I was once there and this is how I handled it"

activism in formal politics

teamwork in informal "devangelism"

The mere suggestion of introducing 'scientific or a constant' would be considered by the pious as heritic/blasphemy. Certainly they would ban such a book as it would interfere with their GOD. Since they cannot outright 'ban' the book - they'd retaliate by burning it in effacy - all the while praying and braying like donkeys to their god.

BUT....I really like your idea!

Writer: I agree with your idea. I'd like to suggest one tiny change to your suggestion. Instead of "Values and Morals," lets try to assimilate a book of "Values and Ethics." The difference is kinda important to me. Also, instead of trying to use Science to combat ignorant belief and indoctrination, my favorite tool is Reason. There are multiple problems wiith Science, not the least of which many scientists are afflicted with Religion.

i like that question. Tho i think most anything i have had to say has already been said.

i was raised in a Baptist Church. And while i,,in hindsight, can find plenty to fault it for, i remember enjoying man of t group activities and people and such.

Plenty of things like that are done more easily through a group. I have been a member of a few other groups based on various memes in my adult life. and i appreciate the benefits derived from those as well. why would atheism be any different.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Michael Penn commented on Andrew Bradford Hoke's blog post Let's guess what Cardinal Law is doing right now...
5 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Luara's discussion the fragile penis
9 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Eradicating the Faith Virus - A Conversation with Peter Boghossian
10 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall in the group Atheist News
12 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked Joe's discussion Warren city Atheist sues to set up alternative to prayer station at city hall
14 minutes ago
Joe added 4 discussions to the group Atheist News
22 minutes ago
Dan D replied to Atheist Andrea's discussion Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?
41 minutes ago
Luara posted a discussion
41 minutes ago
booklover commented on Richard C Brown's group learnerscoffeeshack
1 hour ago
Steve Shives posted a video

Book Two, Chapters 17-19 - An Atheist Reads Ray Comfort

The series examining the books of Christian apologist Ray Comfort continues with a look at Chapters 17, 18, and 19 of Comfort's book, God Doesn't Believe in ...
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud replied to Joan Denoo's discussion My gravesite inscription
1 hour ago
Richard C Brown commented on Richard C Brown's group learnerscoffeeshack
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service