What do you do with the Gideon Bible in the motel room? - best ideas needed

I was thinking about taking a yellow marker to mark up some key disgusting bible passages in the gideon bibles I find, but there are so many.  I might be up all night doing that.  What do you suggest?

Views: 1725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd love to rip it up and flush it, but that might be considered vandalism. Sigh.

I leave reference to the www.whywontgodhealamputees.com online book on the inside of the first page. It makes good reading and might just spark a few of those "reason" neurons in the believers head.

A few drops of superglue does a bibo good. It also leads to ick reactions that encourage others to throw the book away.

That's really funny!  I think I'll go with Elmer's.  More natural.

I remember when we had the old outhouse as a kid. Usually the Sears catalog was in there and us kids would enjoy the pictures of women in bras and underwear. Maybe we would enjoy them too long, but we knew what the book was for.

In a hotel with Gideon bibles you could inform the clerk as you were leaving that a few pages were missing. Tell him you are sorry, but you ran out of toilet paper.

I personally think the bible would make bad toilet paper.  It is to slick, kind of like the gospel inside.

Seriously - I usually just take it and throw it away the first opportunity I get.

Gideons spend money to put these in hotels and motels.  Let them keep wasting their money and their time. 

I have marked them up.  Written questions all over them.  Pointed out the errors and the contradictions. 

Kind of just depends on how much time I have, and how bored I am.

More fun is to mark them up and then leave them in a public restroom someplace.  Kind of kills two birds with one stone - takes it form the hotel/motel, and leaves it where somebody will definitely notice it.

A bible is good for many things, like toilet paper, fire starter, need to stop that wobbly table? Need to blow your nose? The choices are endless! 

Truthfully, I still have a bible. I have many versions of bibles. I have a religious library. From time to time I look some of this stuff over, read a passage from apologetic literature, and think what the hell were they smoking?

I also have several bibles to use for reference.   Do you happen to have an original 1611 King James version?  I've been told that the name "Jesus" is not used in that version.  Wondering if that's true.

I don't have anything that old, but the name "Iesus" is used throughout the 1611 King James version, and is a Latin form of a Greek word coming closer to Joshua today. So what is the real name of god? Put some vowels into JHVH if you like, OR just be aware that the name changes according to the language of the day.

Counting occurences in the Apocrypha, the name 'Jesus' occurs 1009 times in the King James Version.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service