What stuff do you believe in even though you dont have evidence and are atheist? I believe in aliens and some sort of afterlife. I also believe theres a 4th density that has different laws of physics. The 4th density im talking about is not about time. I believe theres alot of stuff the universe can do that would seem supernatural. I believe in magic and supernatural like powers that humans arent capable of.

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm wondering how you justify to yourself having these beliefs but not believing in a god or gods. Presumably the lack of evidence is your main reason for lacking a belief in god, like most people here. If so, why aren't the other wild claims aren't handled with the same logic and reasoning?

I try my hardest not to believe things, but I obviously do. We're hardwired for some beliefs. But the idea of belief means that you can believe despite lack of evidence, or even in spite of contradictory evidence. Belief is something I try to avoid as much as possible. I prefer observing the world around me and working with that, rather than pretending the world works in ways I ways I want it to. Wishful thinking is nice, but it shouldn't be allowed to interfere with your decision making. 
No one needs to justify their personal beliefs unless they feel the need to.
Well there are wee clues here and there but nothing substantial to support them. At least there are clues, not made up stories by bronze age farmers.

Bronze age farmers were probably too busy farming to make up the OT stories.

So who made them up?

Probably people who, as kids, found that other kids liked their made-up tales. They grew up, continued making up stories, and asked for donations of food or whatever else they needed. Violence sold then and it sells now.

I reason to be healthy in all aspects of life.  If you reason, does it take you somewhere?  Do you have hope for something, do you hope for a reason.  Do you have what you reasoned for or do you need what you reason for?  Have you ever been lied to and felt discomfort by it?  What is your preferences and do you want someone else to take that away from you?  You may reason anything you want and you may get it and you may not.  Who is to prophetize this for you?
I'm an absolute materialist.  If you can't measure it, it's meaningless.

Hm. I don't really believe in anything supernatural unless you mean the power of the human mind. Not in the bending spoons bs, but like "Doctor told me I can't walk again. Well i'm going to do everything he tells me medically and do physical therapy". A year later you can walk with a cane. I think that's pretty amazing.

I believe in love, but who doesn't?

I believe in my cat knowing what I am saying and choosing not to listen. But does he have a soul? Nope.

...and that reminds me of Rainbow Bridge. There's a Rainbow Bridge in Norse mythology but I mean this Rainbow Bridge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccH7ffwpMuw

that doesn't make sense - we have the term death for a reason - and when we die that's it - also as far as I'm away energy diminishes or is lost as it's processed.

I believe that zombies make terrible household pets.  I have no proof of this, but it seems like something to be sure of.  Outside of that, I require proof.

I think religious people take pride in using the word faith in context to not needing to know - whereas I think that we want to know - and faith just doesn't cut it - and so saying I accept the facts lead to evolution or I have faith in science and scientific methods - it has different implications.  Because we are having faith in the method of seeking evidence that stacks up - rather than having faith without facts.
Faith is quite useless. Gimme logical deduction and truth any day.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service