What stuff do you believe in even though you dont have evidence and are atheist? I believe in aliens and some sort of afterlife. I also believe theres a 4th density that has different laws of physics. The 4th density im talking about is not about time. I believe theres alot of stuff the universe can do that would seem supernatural. I believe in magic and supernatural like powers that humans arent capable of.

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If there were people who actually had supernatural or paranormal abilities then the trait would have to be encoded in the individuals DNA (unless they picked it up through magic). Given the enormous advantage a persons with such an ability would have the trait would have spread through the population in a few dozen generations.
The trait would have huge survival advantage giving it a first class ticket on the evolutionary express.
So where is it?
In the Witness Protection Program with god and the baby jeebus of course!
Ha!
Does the awesomeness gene count? It feels like a super power to be this awesome and my brother seems to have it too.
I believe Jim Morrison, Bruce Lee and David Carradine faked their deaths to join a secret spy society.
All that notoriety got to them and they wanted to settle down to a productive and unappreciated life eh?
It would be the perfect cover.

" Hey that looks like Jim Morrison."

"Don't be stupid that fools long dead!"
I believe that if David Carradine was trying to fake his death, he failed - miserably.
I believe in nothing supernatural.I have a hard time understanding how some atheist don't believe in a god but they can believe in ghosts.I believe that alien life can exist but I believe it to be types of bacteria.
Aliens eh?

I believe there is life out there, allot of it. Only, we're rather new to the neighborhood, and we haven't ventured beyond our own bedroom, let alone any other houses.

Is there intelligent life? Probability is, yes. But, just like earth, there's probably a whole load of single celled life, plant like, and un-intelligent life that we won't even notice. Likely there's a few hundred living planets our species will find before we finally find one with intelligence.

But, alas, we haven't even gone far enough to find one living planet yet.
Likely won't in our life time.

I also believe that the nature of interactions at a quantum level are more random and undefined than we'd like to realize.

And I am CONVINCED that there exists an equal quantity of anti-matter as matter in the universe. Only question is, how does it exist, or where does it exist that it doesn't cancel out the rest of the matter in the universe.
I am curious as to whether the universe exists in two planes... and that we can only interact with one half of it. (which is good, cause if we were able to interact with the other half, we'd be promptly canceled out of existence.)

You can get something from nothing, so long as the net value of that something adds back up to nothing.
Aliens are very likely to be real by sheer odds of the size of the universe. I just doubt they travel to the earth just to probe our feces factories. >.>

My theory is that ghosts are a sort of psychic imprint. The human mind is very powerful. It wouldn't surprise me if the mind can actually influence its environment (mind over matter). Expressing a strong emotion would leave aftershocks, such as anger, fear, or love. >.>
Jennifer, google "The Stone Tape" - that was a BBC broadcast years ago, and it scared the shit out of me back then. The concept behind it is very like your psychic imprint idea.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service