What Did You Say About Muhammad?! [or why the west are a bunch of weenies]

What Did You Say About Muhammad?!

Which is more likely to elicit an irate Muslim response: 1) public cartoons of the Muslim prophet Muhammad, or 2) public proclamations that Muhammad was a bisexual, sometime transvestite and necrophile, who enjoyed sucking on the tongues of children, commanded a woman to "breastfeed" an adult man, and advised believers to drink his urine for salutary health? [...]

This item is mandatory reading for all of our chums that fantasise about mythical "moderate" islam and lecture to the rest of us about our intolerance and "islamophobia". The money shot is deeper in the article -

Of course, one need not agree with Life TV's tactics or evangelical mission to appreciate the lesson it imparts: Muslim outrage—as with all human outrage—is predicated on how well it is tolerated. Continuously appeased, it becomes engorged and insistent on more concessions; ignored, it deflates and, ashamed of itself, withers away.

This isn't Faux or some neocon propaganda sheet. It's far too intelligently written to be that. Raymond Ibrahim has an extensive background in mid-east politics and is an Egyptian Copt by birth. Somewhat more entitled to discuss these matters than any of our whitey apologists.

It has been evident from the start that those that have usurped contemporary Humanism have not achieved anything with their policies of accommodationism and mantras on "tolerance". It is now a valid question to ask - how much does this continual appeasement exacerbate the problems we are now dealing with ?

Tags: accomodationism, alu akbar, fear, god is great, humanists, islamophobia, loathing, religion of peace, reverse racism, self-censorship

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In other words, Humanists are nonreligious people who are really concerned with their image and what people think of them!
Although Unitarians are famous for their "5 people, 10 opinions" type internal debates...I'm sure there are plenty who see accommodation as total bullshit.
Q: Why try to reinvent the wheel?

A: Because pi never ceases to evolve?

Phil: I defer to uɐƃoɹƃ ɥɔןǝɟ (May 27, previous page) on this.

Gee, thanks.

Humanism as secular theism in the cult of man disturbs more folks than just me. Rather than re-hash, I think I summarised most of it neatly here. There is a link in there to an excellent John Gray article that makes my brain hurt.

Proggie: In other words, Humanists are nonreligious people who are really concerned with their image and what people think of them!

Yes indeed. The fact that making these kinds of observations upsets humanists so deeply only confirms that there is quite a bit of religious brained thinking involved - they hear heresyand it hurts.
Good essay--thanks for posting.
I wonder what sort of responce your discussion would have in the group"Athiest who were Muslims"?
I wonder what sort of responce your discussion would have in the group"Athiest who were Muslims"?

A damned fine question. Since I am not eligible to join that particular group, may I ask you to post the link there?
Description of Atheists Who Were Muslims:

Former Muslims who have seen the light and have let go of God....and fellow sympathizers

So yes, you are eligible.
Muslim outrage—as with all human outrage—is predicated on how well it is tolerated. Continuously appeased, it becomes engorged and insistent on more concessions; ignored, it deflates and, ashamed of itself, withers away.

ah, what unequivocal wisdom
Hooray for the P & B reference. I like this post.
My personal favorite response to that question was "I think so, Brain, but where are we going to get a wiener dog and a rubber hose at this time of night?"
but if they called them "Sad Meals", kids wouldn't buy them!"

I bet the emo kids would.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service