I discovered a brilliant new way to avoid  having xians ring my doorbell in attempt to share the good news with me.  Just now, I was in my kitchen, washing dishes and finding something to eat, when I looked out the large window above my sink.  Two men were approaching with bibles in hand.  Then, I realized they saw me.  We made eye contact and I gave them a big smile.  They stopped dead in their tracks and looked down, then slowly turned and walked away.  I can only assume this is because I was not wearing a shirt, or a bra.  Perhaps from this point on I will be answering the door shirtless.  Should give the mormon boys something to talk about.

Views: 948

Replies to This Discussion

Shucks. In the middle 1960s my wife and I lived in Houston for a year, then in Austin for three years. In 1969 we went to Phoenix. (We computer workers called ourselves America's highest-paid migratory workers.)

Incidentally, my wife taught fifth grade. The Austin schools, before Roe v. Wade, had a comprehensive sex ed program that started in second grade. She happened to choose an MD who'd helped design the program and kept him posted on how it was going. In Phoenix there was no such program and some parents wanted to hire her to teach their kids.

Does anyone know if the conservatives wrecked the Austin program when they took over the state? California is the only state that has never taken taxpayer money for abstinence-only programs.

We are an abstinence only state, as far as pubic public education is concerned.  We also have one of the highest teen pregnancy rates.  Yay!
Scary, Alsyn ... just plain SCARY.
Hooray for boobies!
I'm eighty now and have my own.

I enjoyed posting it. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

Address and Schedule of Dish Washing plz!
It's not even that hard.  If you met me in person I'd show them to you if you asked nice:)
I thought I was the only one who did that.
I guess just us and women who have had boob jobs.  I've seen dozens of post-op implants.
I guess when you get fake boobs, you get really accustomed to talking about and looking at your boobs.  I really don't know what makes me so likely to take my shirt off.  I guess it could be because I grew up shirtless on the farm, until one day when I was about 7, when my mother told me to put a shirt on, and keep it on.  It was a sad day.

It's not so sad anymore.  I'm a grown up now and when I have occasion to not wear a shirt, I don't.  I'm having a mental image of me looking out the peep hole in my front door and spotting bibles at the same time I am frantically removing my shirt.  I hope this lady is ringing the doorbell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kt6vqtKBCs

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service