I discovered a brilliant new way to avoid  having xians ring my doorbell in attempt to share the good news with me.  Just now, I was in my kitchen, washing dishes and finding something to eat, when I looked out the large window above my sink.  Two men were approaching with bibles in hand.  Then, I realized they saw me.  We made eye contact and I gave them a big smile.  They stopped dead in their tracks and looked down, then slowly turned and walked away.  I can only assume this is because I was not wearing a shirt, or a bra.  Perhaps from this point on I will be answering the door shirtless.  Should give the mormon boys something to talk about.

Views: 948

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks so much for keeping us abreast of the latest anti-proselytizing strategy! I think I'll try it too.

Oh dear, a 78 year old woman without shirt or bra would scare them to death. I hate picking up dead bodies. My compost is already overflowing. 

Think of it as improving the gene pool... the missionaries would get a Darwin Award, and the next generation would be far less likely to peddle religion door-to-door!

Man looks at the pamphlet given to him by two young men dressed like Mormon missionaries, in short-sleeve dress shirts and ties: "This pamphlet is blank." "We're atheists."

Here is another along the same lines.  When I was a kid, I would visit my grandmother and stay for a week or two.  My grandmother's friend, that lived across the street, hated the christians always knocking at her door.  One day the friend had had enough.  They came knocking on the door, with flowers in hand.  She jerked back the door just as they went to ring the doorbell.  Completely naked and with a straight face said, "Greetings, and how may I help you on this lovely day?"  They never came back again!  I did forget one thing, she was 82! lol

This method of expulsion of unwanted xians will take some NERVE.  If you see them coming to your door, make a detour through the kitchen getting the BIGGEST KNIFE you can find; put on a slight, mysterious smile, with fixed eyes, and answer the door.  Step back and swing the door open and indicate for them to enter --- keep smiling, BUT DO NOT SAY ONE WORD. Simply hold the knife where they can see it, but not in a menacing way.  If they come in, which I doubt, indicate for them to sit and you sit near them; and just slowly look them up and down, and continue to SMILE;  remember, DO NOT SAY ONE WORD.  After a very short period of time, they will very nervously leave.  Silence spooks them out completely!

I love it. I almost wish they still came by so I could try it out. (They stopped coming here after three times of explaining why I think most of the major problems in the world are caused by belief in religions.)

From what little I've read about JWs; they have some misogynistic outlooks in their teachings; and I also think they practice a rather strong rule concerning ostracism  within their "group". 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service