I discovered a brilliant new way to avoid  having xians ring my doorbell in attempt to share the good news with me.  Just now, I was in my kitchen, washing dishes and finding something to eat, when I looked out the large window above my sink.  Two men were approaching with bibles in hand.  Then, I realized they saw me.  We made eye contact and I gave them a big smile.  They stopped dead in their tracks and looked down, then slowly turned and walked away.  I can only assume this is because I was not wearing a shirt, or a bra.  Perhaps from this point on I will be answering the door shirtless.  Should give the mormon boys something to talk about.

Views: 806

Replies to This Discussion

I like the part where she says humility is the desire to serve others, particularly men.

:-D

Unfortunately I live faraway and if I fill my visa application stating purpose of visit as 'Boobs Watching', hopefully it will not be entertained.

Boobs also make good pillows, or so I'm told.
Yes, especially when trying to sleep sitting up/leaning onto someone.
!
Darnit I thought you were talking about breasts.

Check out www.sfsi.org.

It's San Francisco (where else?) Sex Information.

They're close to celebrating their fortieth anniversary.

I also have my own experiences with Xians on my door step.  They come from an apartment building I used to live in, in a lower rent part of town.

Of course the most numberous were Jehova's Witnesses.  But by far the most obnoxious were the Southern Baptists.  They would send people around Saturday's during Lent.  They would arrive in cars and gather on the sidewalk and then disperse to cover the entire neighborhood.

I recognized right away that their chances of getting new people to their church were slim.  The reason for doing it was to give them something to talk about on Sunday.  So it was to keep their own people coming.  They were picking a block of lower rent apartments, in part because the units are small, lots of doors to knock on, more turn over in the people, but also because they were seeing the poor as being in need of salvation.

So I tried to ralley neighbors.  I would call the police and try to get applicable laws enforced.  I got people to follow my lead and put up confrontational signs.  I got the City Attorney to strengthen a proposed update to the ordinances, to treat them more like commerical canvassers.  I lectured the City Attorney that the 1st Amendment does not mean that religion is above the law.

The Southern Baptists would ask, "Is this a Christain Home?"

Once there was a confrontation with them and they sent a woman about 8 months pregnant over to yell at me.

Finally I decided that I can give more effective warnings than the Police Dept ever could.  Especially with men, I would try to be as threatening as possible.  I would say, "This is a home.  You need to learn respect for people's homes.  You need someone to teach you to respect people's homes."  I would get in their faces, block them from knocking on more doors, and try to get them retreating to the sidewalk.  Then I would order them not to come back.

I've photographed them and taken down license plate numbers.

If they can be made fearful, then it feed their conviction that they are dealing with heathens, Satanists, whatever.

If they can be made angry, then its a victory.  That this is just a turf battle and their disrepect for other people has been exposed.

Now if they ask, "Is this a Christian Home?" I would just respond, "This is a brothel."

In public places I don't care.  Once I saw a Jehova's Witnesses table set up at a train station.  A disabled man was trying to pack up their stuff and move the table.  So even though I don't agree with their religious organization, I still offered to help him as I would anyone else.

BO

The correct answer to "Is this a Christian home?" is: "Why, yes.  We buried a Christian beneath each of the corner posts to protect it from evil spirits."

I like.

My first thought in reply to "Is this a Christain Home?", is No, this is a rational home.

Or like the sand people...."they will be back, and in greater numbers..." 

I'm definitely going to try this tactic!!! 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service