For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose". It's so bad, it's like a typographical error epidemic has been loosed on the world.

Views: 503

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The second one made me want to give myself multiple concussions

I is bewildering how they could make vampires so uninteresting!
By never having any of the vampires do anything but talk and sparkle. >.X

Gimme mah Anne Rice!
Anne Rice!

Hands down!
oh good ones! I make plenty of typing typos, but those are evil!
I'm the opposite. Language is art - there's no "right" way to do it. When people nitpick my grammar, it always sounds to me like they're saying "but NO! Beethoven didn't use syncopation, so we can't either!"
For some reason, I cannot fathom why, I will sometimes mess up on the their/there and they're thing. It is an unconcious mistake and I do know better.

Note: I was feeling a bit self concious telling you this in writing knowing now that you are a grammar nazi. I have the same problem writing to my father in law who is an English Professor.

That book has ruined what was once a nice descriptive word for the transition of night to day and day to night. :| I have a friend who has a working title for his book with the word in it. I'm glad it's just a working title. x.x

As a woman and a former grocery cashier I am So with you on this one - but I must point out Old men love to do this too, except they use odd little change holders that DoNot Want to release the coins - that or bills that smell of pee! I LOVED it when people would re-count the change 2 or 3 time just to be sure! Grrrrr!
bills smelling of pee........ ICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funk Q:I get really annoyed by women

Oh, but only a woman can be a true misogynist like me.
You might be able to get a dispensation, or maybe you can renounce your Honorary Lesbian status.
Be a bit more specific like instead of "women" "soccer mums at the checkout" XD or all the feminist will jump on you.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service