For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose". It's so bad, it's like a typographical error epidemic has been loosed on the world.

Views: 540

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Even better when you can say "Thank you for your advice. I highly value it, considering all the wise decisions you've made in your life."
"Unsolicited advice. Generally, if I want people's advice, I'll beat it out of them "

Amen. These days I just let my eyes glaze over and/or start talking about how much I like bananas. I once asked an attractive woman I didn't know well fora blow job when she offered me advice.

"I always immediately pass on advice; it's the only thing to do with it" (Oscar Wilde)

More than unsolicited advice,are people (especially family))who chose me, house and garden to demonstrate their flair for the bleedin' obvious. EG;"My goodness,those weeds are tall---your gate needs oiling---you have weeds growing in your gutters-- the dog just shat on the floor, that kind of thing. I have been known to hand people a duster,mop, and to point to the ladder so they can clean my gutters. (that last one actually worked)
I love unsolicited advice, ... from people I respect
Heh. I tell people they can do whatever they think should be done, and they just walk away, or start blustering.
In no discernible order:

whistling
ticking clocks
mean-spirited racist jokes
people who use words they don't understand (inconceivable!)
close talkers
Glen Beck

. . . okay, maybe that last one's not a pet peeve, but every time I see him I compulsively begin to bark at the TV and chew on the furniture.
You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
but not racist people?
Law of Attraction followers are some of the most vile people on Earth.
Aaaah! Agreed. The two people who made the mistake of suggesting I watch "The Secret" regretted it. What makes me laugh is that both don't acknowledge that they worked their arses off for their success, rather than "attracting abundance". Both also started out at least in the middle of the economic totem pole.
I've said goodbye to friends on that one :)
Blows my mind!
I have a lot, I might be considered a bit OCD at times. I hate it when people mispronounce words or have bad grammar, I always correct them even when asked to stop. I hate it when people forget things, like their car keys or their glasses. I get REALLY irritated by incompetence or ignorance, so much so that I can't handle being around such people unless I have no other choice. I hate it when people have little loose hairs on their clothes, I get the compulsion to remove them until their clothes are clean. I HTE PPL THT TYP LYK DIS! AAARGH! That killed me just doing that.

Thats pretty much just off the top of my head, I have a lot more. If I think of them I'll add them :)
I get thanked when I do it, but it's still a bit weird to do it to strangers so I do it to all my friends who know by now to keep still when I spot a hair.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Ahmed Wadee Zahawi liked Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Why God makes more sense than atheism according to Deepak Chopra
21 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Why God makes more sense than atheism according to Deepak Chopra
30 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
34 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
34 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
36 minutes ago
Luara replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
54 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Why God makes more sense than atheism according to Deepak Chopra
57 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Why God makes more sense than atheism according to Deepak Chopra
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
1 hour ago
Patricia liked Bertold Brautigan's discussion UK bans all teaching of creationism in government-supported schools
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
1 hour ago
Daniel W replied to Asad baloch's discussion Guidance required
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service