For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose". It's so bad, it's like a typographical error epidemic has been loosed on the world.

Views: 504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL, but my roommate closes the door religiously, because he is religious!!!!!!!!! LOL cries...
Blessed blessed Bill :`)
Punificent!
I wonder if he still sings that song to himself while draining the lizard.
I don't like my food talking to me.
I don't like your food talking to me, either.
Bad grammar from "educated" people. It is okay to use the word me in the correct context, but so many seem to be afraid of "me". I've actually heard I pluralized; (I's)!!! I had to bite my tongue on that one. Heard it from three different women. Also, "I'm like", and instead of he/she said, he/she goes. There's more, but that will suffice for now.

I like that you specified from "educated" people. It's true, I really don't mind so much when uneducated people make such mistakes.

I usually assume that most atheists are educated and think that people who's first tongue is english should be relatively free of base grammatical mistakes. My schooling was in French, and francophones are much more anal about grammer than anglos are, which is why I notice these things even in English.

The most abused words I see on T|A and A|N are effect and affect. Their misuse drives me absolutely nuts. And worst, when I bring it up, people consistently hide behind "it was a typo"! Hiding their true lack of understanding of the distinction. :)

Bad photos... All my friends take shitty photos in dim rooms for there Facebook and ext. It's not that hard to shine a reading light at your face or something when your taking a profile picture or at least turn the exposure up or down when you upload it!!!
Oh and I hate it when people get pissed off at me for correcting them. They tell me to stop being such a smart ass (because I'm making them look like idiots but they don't say that) and I say,
"Oh so you would rather I hadn't told you and you could have keep reciting that ridiculous fact you found on some dodgy web site until you embarrassed yourself in front of a whole lot of people?"
Once I'm primary school we were talking about names and I had this conversation with one girl,
Girl: I'm going to call my child Cleopatra because she was such a hero!
Me: Umm... I really don't see how she was a hero...
Girl: Well... Like her people loved her and stuff...
Me: Didn't her family usurp the throne, then she had a few tragic love affairs and committed suicide? Still not seeing the heroism
Girl: God Maggie you don't have to ruin every bodies dreams!
and she was pissed at me all day XD Don't ask why I remember that I guess it's just because it was funny hehe.
ruin every bodies dreams

ahem... wouldn't want to rain on your parade...
"Oh and I hate it when people get pissed off at me for correcting them"

It is patronising and bad manners to correct another adult. It's something you would only ever do to me once.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Ruth Anthony-Gardner replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion In Liberia Christian Churches blame gays for Ebola in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
2 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Joan Denoo's blog post Treatise on Morality.
4 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion And Now, for Something Totally New in Televangelism - Televangelist pastor accused of forcing vasectomies and abortions on church members
4 minutes ago
chares martel replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
4 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion And Now, for Something Totally New in Televangelism - Televangelist pastor accused of forcing vasectomies and abortions on church members
12 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion And Now, for Something Totally New in Televangelism - Televangelist pastor accused of forcing vasectomies and abortions on church members
15 minutes ago
Sentient Biped commented on Joan Denoo's blog post 10 Ways to Stop Feeling Overworked and Overwhelmed BY JEFF HADEN
17 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
17 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
19 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to chares martel's discussion Would you rather America won the Vietnam War?
19 minutes ago
jay H replied to Just a Voice's discussion Is consciousness nothing more than a veneer of our biological underpinnings?
22 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion In Liberia Christian Churches blame gays for Ebola in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
29 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service