For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose". It's so bad, it's like a typographical error epidemic has been loosed on the world.

Views: 496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's still not as bad as people who write a plural with an apostrophe. Ad I recently saw: "SOFA'S". This person, who failed English, can get a job? Well, maybe they were trying to save money by not hiring a proofreader.
I feel the same way about Nevada versus Ne-vah-dah. >.>
I fell the same about Coo - low - rah -dah. Most natives hit somewhere around Ka - la-rada.
I always say "Ka-low-rah-doe".  Where does that fall on the peeves scale?

I live in Co (ka-low-rada) I'm in Denver..The flatlanders say it the 'country" way.

There's a sign (or rather spray paint on a van) that says "Toms Auto's" in my neighborhood.
ROFLMAO!

I remember "Oak's Beverage" in the town of Oaks. I told the owner they misspelled Oaks.

Yesterday at Goodwill I also saw signs for "bra's", "pantie's" "sock's"...was really tempted to tell someone about that too!

I'd have to say personal drama. Especially when someone asks for your advice and then shoots down every suggestion creating an 'unsolvable problem' usually ending the conversation with, "Well that's just how I am!" Aaargh. I try to stay uninvolved until I'm asked but when that happens and I get pulled into a drama spiral I find that very annoying.
Motorcycles at 2am.

Interruptors and others who talk and don't listen. They're such a drain.

Stupid social conventions, such as: women are obligated to shave their legs and other body parts, people are losers if they live with their parents past a certain arbitrary age, and hanging your laundry outside is an eyesore.

Actually, I have a lot of pet peeves!
The BEST use for velvet is painting pictures of Elvis!
I have seen some masterful renderings of our saviour, Jee- ay- sus. The ones where the eyes follow you so you know Jee-ay-sus is always awatchin' you.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service