For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose". It's so bad, it's like a typographical error epidemic has been loosed on the world.

Views: 540

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you tell someone that something isn't working properly, they say, "there's nothing wrong with it". It could be a tv that you tell your friend about, or a car that you take to the mechanic. What you have experienced is meaningless, and after one minute, they are the expert.
"For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose".
Yeah, I loose it when that happens. =)
Is that a euphemism? o.o
when I hear people say "irregardless" I want to smack some sense into them!
English Nazi's.
i use improper sentence structure and tiny spelling errors to lightly beat their subconscious.
The word irregardless - people use it all the time regardless of what it means. Also, people who disguise criticism as a random observation. My neighbor said this morning, "I have found that such and such toxic chemical works the best for killing weeds". Yes, I have weeds, if it bothers you, just say so.
When cashiers won't make eye contact. They will look at the ceiling, the person behind you, your groceries, but not you. Also, when cashiers have one of those ear piece phones having a conversation while ringing you up.
Errr, I hate those home school "biology" textbooks that leave out biology and stuff in silly mythical stories that the kids end up believing and having to deal with these people who have no sense of reality.
People who make spelling errors in every last god damn facebook status update. Browsers like Chrome and Firefox often have spellchecker automatically enabled -- there is no excuse for this!

Combine that with religion and it makes me REALLY angry: "Everything is posable thru God" (this was one from today. I -almost- responded "Everything but spelling and grammar, apparently.")
Our local radio talk show host talking about the oil leak, and saying "For those in the faith based community, we need your prayers" I should ask "Why doesn't God plug it up?"
"Why doesn't God plug it up?" Hell of a good question, Damian.
"Why didn't god plug it up?" For the same reason he didn't move that sandbar in front of the Exxon Valdez! The guy doesn't give a good rip! Any more than he does about Darfur, Bande Aceh, or anything else ... but then, have you ever noticed how little a non-existent entity actually DOES?

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service