For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose". It's so bad, it's like a typographical error epidemic has been loosed on the world.

Views: 492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a 'Lose Hill' near me in the Peak District. I have done the Lose Hill to Mam Tor ridge walk. People launch hang gliders from up there.

Pet hates include people who read the Sun and people who don't punctuate their sentences properly. Then there's the whole 'there' and 'their' thing. I mean how difficult can that be?
Also they're.
The "alot" and "allot" make me cringe - it's "a lot", two words
It's pronounced as one word, which is why I think a lot of people misconstrue its correct written form.
People who are so small minded that they treat anything new and different like a small child treats boiled okra and spinach.
boiled spinach is how my mom prepped it all my youth, upon service, we added butter and lemon juice, quite good really
your mom added lemon too? :)
-Typical Mormons
-Rude/Mean People, who when called on it, think I should get over it because apparently the world is a cruel and unforgiving place and the only way to get anything is to take it....
-Idiots "on my side" who make my argument look bad to others
-People who think that addictions are as simple as a lack of "self control".
-Friends defending someone who hurt you
-People focused on physical attractiveness (who make you feel like crap because they say people prettier than you aren't good-looking).
-Sunburns, and girls who continually smudge orange paint on themselves and call it a tan.
-When someone explains that they're not racist because they think all Black people are cool.
-Driving....
-Having to watch a sports game because that's what your friends are doing
-Ignorant groups on facebook that you can't comment on without joining
-Forgiving and praying for rapists (See previous)
-When girls say they "do all this" for men.
-When people you hardly know touch you. A lot.
-Neighbors or friends who won't leave you alone.
-How when someone has morals, they're a hero, and when you have morals, you need to chillax.
-My teachers' complete mockery of separation of church and state ("And that's why carbon dating is bunk...")

Wow these make me sound like a horrible, bitter person. :D I'm pretty nice, really...
Oh and people who open bags of food and don't close them!!! Gaahghdhh... Or stick their fingers in the peanut butter... Talking to you, Dad...
and tourists who pack all their possessions in little grocery bags and continuously open and close, and roll, and unroll, open and ... you get the picture, you're in a dorm with 20 other people and this one idiot thinks it's ok to do the crinkly grocery bag thing at any hour, over and over again

and those who similarly will unzip, zip, unzip, zip their luggage dozens of times while others a sleeping nearby, aaarrrggghhh
Have you seen those new biodegradable potato chip bags? Just grabbing one is like jumping into a pool of crinkle! Very loud indeed.
I need one for my cats.
People in general. I work with the public. Retail.

People are in such a goddamned constant rush and are so shallow and apathetic about their surroundings, including other people, that they will break their necks to cut people off or shove past them in crowded places, and act like general pricks. Then, you have people who will knock over a whole container of detergent and not only fail to tell anyone about it, letting people make a bigger mess by walking through it, but fail to even pick up the said container....because the stupid cows or bubbas are too busy yapping on their cellulars to have a split half second of respect.

I'm not a big crowd person myself, so if I'm exposed to even a small fraction of the crowd 'dodgeball' game either while walking in the store from point A to B or while in the parking lot getting carts and dodging 2-3 cars backing out of their spaces one way and people walking in my direct path the other way, it makes me wanna reflect the negative attitudes I have experienced more than the positive I'm exposed to. Then people jumping in front of me as I reach the corral, instead of waiting one sec for me to push them in. I could easily say I had a hard time stopping and just run over them. That they should have exercised one second of patience as I had that huge load. Not to mention that, with my many years job experience, I have NEVER met a boss who was as big a prick as our current 'Customer Service Manager'. (He's caused at least 3-4 people to quit or transfer and I could write an entire book on things i hate about him and instances of actions by him to illustrate why. I want to punch him in the jugular so bad......and I'm not a violent person. In fact, I often despise overly violent people....I'd make an exception.)

The work environment this guy has created is extremely Nazi-esque, without going into more details and taking a whole page.

People who think retail should have taught me to be more social are NOT on my wavelength. That sort of job is just necessary slavery to make ends meet. I am oft NOT in a social mood and people who think what they see there represents me are too naive to ever 'get' me.

K, enough rambling from me.....I hate the public. I really do.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service