For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose". It's so bad, it's like a typographical error epidemic has been loosed on the world.

Views: 540

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. I do not like being asked to figure out what these letters are supposed to represent. It is quite annoying.
a homless guy that has thrown up so much at one bench by Target that the sidewalk is stained brown and I won't go any further... surreal, why does the city (or surrounding faith-based businesses) let this go on? we're talking years by now.
Don't you do graphic design? Maybe you could design a t-shirt.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when religious people ruin what might otherwise be a perfectly good friendship by trying to "convert" me or my wife to their way of thinking (ie; blind "faith" in believing a book of fairy tales -- aka: Bible). I used to take the trouble to make them look and feel like the idiots they are, and embarrass them by pointing out some of the more ridiculous aspects of their bible and their beliefs just for fun, but nowadays it's just a nuisance and I avoid them. Either way, their insistence upon not gracefully accepting my difference of opinion with them destroys any possibility of friendship even though I couldn't care less what they believe, and even though I never initiate a discussion about religion because it isn't important to me as an atheist.

Hi folks, I'm new here and this is my first post to the forum. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to introduce myself somewhere or not because I haven't been browsing the website long enough, so I guess this will serve as my introduction meanwhile. Howdy!
Welcome Ron. That's a good one (pet peeve). Every time i try to point something out in the bible, i don't get any type of argument, but I do get stuff like "why are so mad?", "what happened to you?", "chill out", etc.
Right now my pet peeve is IBHS (itchy butt hole syndrome) and I've got a ferocious case of it!
When I sit to long I get BSTL (ball stuck to leg).
When I sit too long, I spontaneously combust.
Chewing Gum! I hate everything about it, the sound, that people stick it everywhere, that people feel the need to play with it with their fingers while it is still in their mouth, the big sticky bubbles, the fact that it makes one look a cow chewing it's cud. *Shudder*
Heh. Me too. Growing up on a farm with a herd of cattle turned me off to chewing gum.
same here, I had a nun teacher in grades 1-3, the cow thing got said every day, 40 years later and I still hate gum! I the sound my neighbor in class makes as he does that continuous fast nervous chew... sigh
You would hate me... :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Tom Sarbeck replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
6 minutes ago
Jason Blair replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
10 minutes ago
Jason Blair replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
14 minutes ago
18 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
25 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
27 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
36 minutes ago
David Seidman replied to Carrot Hare's discussion Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!
1 hour ago
David Seidman replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Men not empathic partners in the group Feminist Atheists
1 hour ago
David Seidman replied to Rasheeda Nizam's discussion Religious Diversity
1 hour ago
Patricia commented on Patricia's photo
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service