For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose". It's so bad, it's like a typographical error epidemic has been loosed on the world.

Views: 492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have two. The worst one is when people don't use whole words when they type, or on advertisements. (do u no how 2 spell?) The other one is the use of double negatives. (it don't make no sense!)
Hip hop/r and b music, "reality tv", people who misuse the word ironic or irony, to name but a few...
funny that, my musical pet peeves are country music, rock, heavy metal, easy listening, pop!!! A ha ha ha
I totally hate "reality" tv, I quit watching it the second year. It's not a peeve, though.
When outside, someone stands there looking at me, and they don't wave, walk towards me, flip me off, nothing. Sometimes, i don't mind waving first, but not all the time. It's a 2 way street.
I hate it when I say hello to someone on the sidewalk and get nothing back in return. I mean, even a grunt in my direction would be better! :P
Funny that, I'm pet peeved at strangers who expect my feedback... LOL!
harumph!
:P and :P again! I never say "have a nice day" because I never have one and I wouldn't wish that on anyone! I just say "hello!" maybe I should just say "o hell!" That would get their attention!
I'm a greeter, too. I tend to mutter under my breath 'or not' when they pass by, since it's usually a 'good morning' or 'good afternoon' and the like.
Oh, my! I'm surprised that I didn't notice this thread earlier, because I am the *QUEEN* of pet peeves. So much so, in fact, that I authored a highly Google-ranked page on the subject (number one for many years and still within the top five without having updated it for over four years). In real life, I'm actually pretty easy going, though, considering how much everything pisses me off!

Pet Peeves, à la Carte: Annoying Things People Do & Say
www.lacarte.org/tracie/peeves
A huge pet peeve of mine is when a famous person wins something they say, "This has been such a humbling experience." Winning something is the opposite of humbling!! It actually justifies how great you think you are!! It is only humbling if you thought you were going to win but you lose. Then you can realize that you may not be as good as you thought. Therefore, you are humbled.
I also don't like the how the letters are arranged on a GPS system. They are actually in alphabetical order instead of the "QWERTY" format. It takes me forever to punch in an address.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service