For me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how many people can't spell "lose". It's so bad, it's like a typographical error epidemic has been loosed on the world.

Views: 543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD question....
A youngster in my class said that last year (yea I don't hear it often lol) and I mentioned to him that exact point, that regardless is the word he meant to use. He answered "I'll call it whatever I want" He was a big talker in class, blared his music all the time during class, generally was quite an annoyance, except to the young girls... This was in college, but the teacher was too senile to bother with him. (sigh)
lol
I absolutely hate it when people completely disregard what I just said by saying "Good for you" or something along those lines. The reason this drives me insane is because when I was younger I had a friend who would always say something like that after everything I said. He would then follow this up by saying what he wanted to say and me being polite about it. If you couldn't already guess I am no longer friends with this guy.
This mainly happened when I was young and by young I mean from age 3 to 12. I don't remember bragging a lot as a kid. My friend who would say "good for you" bragged like crazy though. Presently I hardly ever have anyone say anything like good for you to me.
that's like my sub-boss who to his superior said YOU BETCHA, about 100 times a day, drove me nearly insane. Was like hearing Palin in a fat old guy, disturbing x2
Non-words!  Irregardless, Preventative, Aggressiveness(sportscasters use endlessly).    Incorrect forms of to, two, too,  and  there, they're, their.  Incorrect use of 'X and I' or 'X and me'. People on TV do that one a lot!               Country music, the older I get the more I despise it.
I have always hated country music.  I also hate sad songs.  Why do they play them in stores?  How stupid is that?  Makes me want to leave.  Shouldn't stores have upbeat, happy songs?
I agree with booklover -- country music is just bad!
I hate country music too -- they whine!
Ohhh Steph!  You're my hero!  I can NOT stand country music.  If I want to hear hillbillies twang and whine, I'll go to a Sarah Palin rally, or a county jail and listen to the local meth heads.
"Have a BLESSED day" I hate it when people say that, but especially when they seem to be pissed at the world.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service