When you're not working what do you like to do?

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

Mine's just a little bitty one

Mini Lathe - Microscope to Camera Adapter
Cool! I have one of those as well, but the drive belt broke, and I haven't been able to get another. That reply I did, didn't post properly. There was also suppose to be a link to a photo of my milling machine (http://api.ning.com/files/sXJQxiOyHudvh9wjDScxNT4WnjBP2hFtUUpyorD5b...*ZMWv-Au7rMKz/DSCF0626.JPG?width=737&height=552 ), but it didn't seem to post. The miller is actually a mill/drill machine, so I really want to get a bigger miller, but every one I've found second hand (thus relatively cheep) have 3 phase motors, and we don't have 3 phase power in my village. I also have problems with my floor not being concrete, but I have examples of my work as components to trucks working here in the Alberta oil patch!

You need a timing belt for your mini lathe? Just click here! I've gotten several things from them so far. I just got a new plastic gear that transfers power to the threading gears. I found out the little lathe doesn't like it when you jam the cutting tool into the chuck jaws with the carriage feed engaged...

I didn't have money for a mill after getting the lathe, so I rummaged around the junk pile at work, sharpened up my programing pencil and made this contraption.

Cool! Thanks, I'll have to check their site more!

When time and resources permit,I enjoy cloning plant species that are on CITES#1 and #2. This with the intent of reestablishment into their native habitat. I collect orchid species,seed grown from various nurseries,and other hobbiests such as Angraecum sesquipedele [Darwin's Orchid],Calanthe vestita,and others.When I am not involved in this, I photograph/video tape nature. Just about any thing having to do with being out in wilderness areas I enjoy greatly,and will grab the opportunity to capture any interesting natural phenomena on digitally,or on film.
I like this discussion - it's giving me ideas about what non-supers do to contribute to their own well being - and being female with 3 boys for children - I really need to know and understand more about what I can provide for my boys that will contribute positively to their well being - I particularly liked the last post about shooting holes in paper and machining stuff... I can imagine a couple of my boys liking doing that in the future.

We're non-super? :-(

I wanna be super duper!

I meant none supernatural thinkers.... :) I'm sure you already are a super duper...
I'm a wood carver.  I've carved carousel horses , cartoon characters , walking canes and some abstract pieces (and, of course, my fingers). I can start carving in the morning and the sun will be setting when I snap back to the real world.
My hobbies include reading and sewing. Right now, I'm working on curtains and a crib dust ruffle. I also sew a lot of my clothes and will be sewing lots of baby clothes - I became a first time grandma last night :) I also enjoy crocheting, counted cross stitch, felt stitchery kits like Christmas stockings or ornaments, and other needle crafts. I also love reading about ancient Egypt and catching history or nature programs on TV. Lately, it's been "Out of Egypt" on either the Discovery Channel or Planet Green, and "An Idiot Abroad" on the Science Channel.
Congratulations, Granny. Hope the new arrival is doing well. :-)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
1 minute ago
James M. Martin replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion In Liberia Christian Churches blame gays for Ebola in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
1 minute ago
Joan Denoo replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
10 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
22 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Joan Denoo's blog post According to the Bible, God drowns, kills, slaughters, genocides, stones, burns, mauls, rapes, crushes, ....
24 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
27 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan commented on Warren Jappe's photo
29 minutes ago
Ted Foureagles replied to chares martel's discussion Would you rather America won the Vietnam War?
33 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
34 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan commented on Loren Miller's photo
37 minutes ago
Luara replied to JanBodh's discussion Whats your take on what Gandhi ji said about "mysterious power that makes it self felt". I have felt it few times in my life, have you ?
43 minutes ago
Sentient Biped commented on Warren Jappe's photo
46 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service