Atheist Nexus Logo

What are some of your favorite rebuttals when someone questions your atheism?

Especially when they say something that makes you feel like an insensitive human being.

Views: 903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I usually don't let people know because they are so very conservation in Louisiana.  Put christian that I feel comfortable with, I explain it to them in the way they understand.  At the end of a long discussion I say "god reveals himself to us in ways we can understand and the only way I can understand anything is through science and the scienticfic method."  A few get it, some don't.  The one that don't won't get it no matter what I would say.

If it's a hopeless case I would say I am a discordian. I believe in the god Eris who is the goddess of chaos. Since it is non-chaotic for a theist to believe in god and non-chaotic is against what Eris wants. I don't believe in god.

at the moment, i love the question about where the laws of math and logic came from, if god didn't write them.

i can agre that 0+0=0.

but that is a law of math, if the law of math don't exist, 0+0 can be everything :-)

I look forward to meeting xians, had a debate recently in the street with a work mate, I didn't know he beleived stuff but soon it looked as though he was about 8 years of age, saying stuff like 'we are made in the image of god'...he of course can't explain what that means, he also slyly accused me of being evil! Then I told him not to go there as that would be a deal breaker in any relationship....it is so staggering how religion has caught on that I remind myself daily of the bell curve and how traits are dispersed around a population.
Thanks. Your work mate provides further evidence of our blue-green algae (pond scum) origins.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service