Hello, my name is Tabi, I am a new member from West Texas!

I would like to start by saying how excited my kids and I are that we discovered this site! We havent had the pleasure to meet so many fellow Atheists!

I just cant believe it took me so long to finally do a search on the internet to find others like us, and allthough I have only been a mamber for 24 hours now, I dont feel as alone as I did before!

My whole family except for My oldest sister are all Christians, but it never clicked with me. I would go to church up until I was 10 and just think "man what bs!"

Thats when I realized I didnt believe in any of it! I didnt know what I was until I was 11 and met my odlest sister for the first time. I felt so good, and right when she intorduced herself to me, and the first question she asked me was "Do you believe in god?"

I was nervous when I said no, but the excitement in her voice made me feel so good. She told me that I was an Atheist, and that she was too.

I would have to say that was one of the best moments in my life!

Anyways, I am super happy to be a member of Atheist Nexus! Thanks for having this o available for others like me!! :o)

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tabi.

I just read a post by an East Texas atheist. Must be catching. Welcome.
Thanks!
Welcome Tabi. Love to see new members especially those in the state of Texas.

ken
Thanks Ken! I am really happy to have found this site :D it has helped me to not feel so alone!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Bethany Ransom updated their profile
13 minutes ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
14 minutes ago
EducationIsCool posted a video

The Responsibility of Atheists

This video argues for the necessity of the youtube & broader atheist community and what is, in my mind, the biggest responsibility of atheists on youtube and...
18 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Hiram's blog post "Against the Charlatans" Philodemus quote
1 hour ago
Trick replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
1 hour ago
Čenek Sekavec replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The cost of masculine crime
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to Brent Feeney's discussion BRUTALLY HONEST: The Dirty Truth About Capitalism and Free Markets
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service