All your favorite underground bands! Post em!!!!Ill start with THE CRAMPS, in honor of the late Lux Interior, and the O so beautiful Ivy Rorschach

Tags: bands, cramps, pychobilly, underground

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Haha. I love ole Frank! :-)

"After all, he [God] wrote this book here, and in the book it says he made us all to be just like him! So if we're dumb, then God is dumb - and maybe even a little ugly on the side." * September 23, 1981: Lyrics to the song Dumb All Over on the album You Are What You Is.

"Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over."
* September 23, 1981: Lyrics to the song Dumb All Over on the album You Are What You Is.

"The essence of Christianity is told to us in the Garden of Eden history. The fruit that was forbidden was on the Tree of Knowledge. The subtext is, All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your fucking mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions." * Interview, Playboy, May 2, 1993

Source: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Frank_Zappa
Ok, well, this was very good, especially the spit on the glass table at the beginning and I have to admit I've never heard of either of these folks though I have heard the name the Cramps. Thanks man!
LOVE JOAN JETT!! This is one of the toughest and hottest women to ever strap on a guitar!!
Joan Jett is awesome. She's always my first go-to for drunken karaoke.
Holy shit cant believe Iv never heard of crazy craven!! Folks who arenot familier with rockabilly or the underground scenes of the 80s 90s please take note of how much fun this looks like!!!!
THNK YOU Kid!! Gotta go to ITUNES!
Gee, where to begin? Always liked Joan Jett, Alice Cooper and Iggy Pop and have a great deal of music in iTunes by all of them. Madness, Blasters, X, Mighty Mighty Bosstones and the Damned are ALL new to me. Mr. SGecko, while Marie's a beautiful name I have to admit that either I'm too old, too propagandized by the music of my youth, too much like my Dad (we all become our parent regardless of how hard we try not to) or maybe it's just too late (probably not) but most of this is just way too much for me. HOWEVER, it's always a great pleasure to see and hear what other people like and on those rare occasions I sometimes find something new that I like also. At the very least you have and always will have an honest opinion from me.

Peace
Maybe I'm dead and just don't know it?
LOL my brother you aint dead!! I think some folks get a musical taste so closely related to awesome times that they never leave it! Thats very cool, and understandable. Dont apologize! This is music that was mostly cultish in stature...underground. So alot of folks didnt care for it. some of these bands ( Bosstones, Maddness) the more popular they tried to become the more their music changed and the less effective they became so I have NO prob with folks not having heard of them or not caring for their sound. Its all good. And I know you will still cruise this thread which says something very positive about your ability to seek out new music for no other purpose than familiarization.
ok THE SPECIALS, early 80s british ska/skin scene. Embedding was disabled for this so follow the link and enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrAibOio2GM
VICE SQUAD British Punk...real punk! Not that Green day wanna be stuff!

Lets jump ahead to this year POTLUCK...Straight outta Humboldt! Welcome to the Movement!!!!!!

Now this I like. :-). Nice sound.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service