Atheists of Atheist Nexus! Lend me your eyes! The evangelicals and the born-again's are at 34% population in America. Catholics are at 25% in America. Non-Religion is at 15% in America. We are bigger that the Black and Hispanic population individually. We are ten times larger than the Mormons, the Muslims and the Observant Jews. It is time for the Non-Religious population of America to unite and become a political party! The time is now! For too long, we have been ridiculed. No longer, shall we sit by and have the 'Theists' destroy America! We must unite!

Atheists are the only rational people left in the United States of America. Even on Facebook, there are people so quick to shut Atheists down, stating that it is "Out of Proportion" for the Atheists to unite.  Atheists must a party, if not a political one.  Why must we Atheists be cast aside while Theists want to impose laws that will hurt the gathering of knowledge?  Why must we sit by while 'Theists' wish to plunge the world back into the dark ages?  The time is now! We must unite! Together we shall face the hardships; together we will stand tall against ridicule; together we shall show the American People that Atheism is rational and not to be feared. We are not "Out of Proportion" to unite.  Why is it that other sects of life are allowed to be organized, but when Atheists spout the Idea, we are so quickly silence? Atheists must unite, and we shall have the power to sway an election in our favor.  You want to know why every politician passes bills in favor of the Jewish party? Because the Jews vote as one.  You piss off a Jew, they are not going to vote for you.

We Atheists must unite into the Atheist Party of America!  We will see that fellow Atheists are given a voice!  That is the most important thing; a voice.  A voice for those who are still in the closet.  A voice for Atheists forced to lead a false life under 'Theism'. We will pull the individual voices together as one.  From New York to Miami, San Francisco to Seattle, Austin to Chicago, there are individual voices yelling and screaming rationalism at the tyrant to 'Theism'.  In the Atheist Party of America we will add strength behind the voice of the individual.  Our untied voice will yell and scream rationalism at the monster of 'Theism', and we will know that we are not alone.  In the United States of America, we Atheists will not be alone. 

United we will stand against 'Theism', and united we will break down the bonds that have separated us.

We must unite!  Spread the word!

Viva Atheism!

Tags: America, Atheism, Party, We, must, of, unite!

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Name one issue on which any group of people agree unanimously. The individual members of the Labor Party, the Democrats, the Anglicans and the Catholics certainly don't agree on every issue, and yet these groups form successful political and lobbyist organizations.

Atheists, more often than not, agree on the separation of church and state, freedom from religion as well as freedom of religion, secular state education, tax-exemptions for religious institutions being confined to those income streams which benefit the wider community, and political policy based on evidence and reason rather than religious dogma. Those issues alone provide more than sufficient areas of broad agreement to support a lobby group.

The fact is, it is already being done, successfully, by the Secular Coalition of America.
Name one issue on which any group of people agree unanimousl

Straw man

"Atheists, more often than not, agree on the separation of church and state, freedom from religion as well as freedom of religion, secular state education, tax-exemptions for religious institutions being confined to those income streams which benefit the wider community, and political policy based on evidence and reason rather than religious dogma. Those issues alone provide more than sufficient areas of broad agreement to support a lobby group."

Non sequitor:

People may believe in the things you a claim, AND be atheist. However, I'm aware of no evidence that anyone believes such things BECAUSE they are atheist.

Atheism is an effect,not a cause,it is only a disbelief in god. It is not a political ideology,an economic theory, moral/ethical code or a social club.

I happen to agree with all of the issues your cited. That's because I'm a sceptic and secular humanist not because of my atheism---My atheism is a result of my sceptical humanism,not its cause. I do not recognise any atheist position on any issue besides the existence of god(s)
Whatever, Tarquin. You sit at home and worry about semantics while the rest of us work to try to make the world a better place. Have fun.
Whatever, Tarquin. You sit at home and worry about semantics while the rest of us work to try to make the world a better place. Have fun.

A cheap ad hominem,which surprise me not at all given depth of your argument.

I think I'll stop here lest I make some unkind but warranted comments about your intellect,education and breeding.
Chrys: I'm with you on that.
I love seeing this passion, it seems to be met with much resistance though. I actually wrote something about this in February.
Impressive vid. I wholeheartedly agree that it is time for atheists to stand up and be counted, to rise up against the institutionalized BS of religion. I don't agree with the idea of forming a new political party for atheists, any more than I think there should be a Christian Democratic Party, as there are in some countries. Politics should be pragmatic and secular. I have no problem seeking political solutions to societal problems with like-minded theists. I do have a problem with theocracy.

I think it makes sense for atheists to join a political party that aligns with their political philosophy, to the extent that they can find one. In the US, that's pretty much the Democrats, the Greens, and the Libertarians. I think the Libertarian platform of small government is misguided, effectively ceding power to opponents who believe in greater government control, and is therefore self-defeating. Thus, it's no better for atheists than simply joining the theocratic GOP, because all libertarianism does is give the GOP cover. I think the GOP is actually imploding because of its own hypocrisy, so it's possible that the Libertarian Party will become the new second party in the US. If that happens, the theocrats will just glom onto the Libertarian Party and take it over, because at least they both claim to agree about "small government". The theocrats don't actually believe that, of course, but where else they gonna go?

I admire most of the goals of the Green Party, but the two-party system doesn't give them a chance because the Democratic Party is relatively big-tent and stable. So that leaves the Democrats. In a parliamentary system, multiple parties are viable. In the two-party US system, third parties can't work long term, unless one of the two major parties flames out, and a third party moves up into the top two. So atheists should do to the Democrats what theists did to the Republicans--join and influence from within. It's a long road, but it's the only realistic road until we have a system of proportional representation (I'm not holding my breath for that).

As Chrys points out, the Secular Coalition for America is a terrific organization that lobbies on behalf of nonbelievers. I give them money and they give me a lobbyist voice in DC. But I'm also a Democrat, because that's who I vote for. Why? Because it's a two-party system, and a vote for the GOP is a vote for God. And because it's a two-party system, a vote for the Greens is a vote for the GOP, just as a vote for the Libertarians is a vote for the Democrats.
Yep, this about sums it up. Participatory government does require some participation. I worked for a city public facilities department for a few years. We were *required* to drop everything and give citizen complaints the highest priority, especially if a member of the city council was also involved. You really can fight city hall sometimes.
A vote for God is only a small part of the equation. I pay no attention to what party the person belongs to. What values does he hold? What do we need as a whole right now and for the long term? These are the questions I ask before voting.
Rayray, I find it extremely difficult to believe you pay no attention to what party the candidate belongs to. You know perfectly well that Republicans are far more likely to hide behind a flag-draped Bible than Democrats are. And how do you go about determining the candidate's values? That's almost impossible even with a party affiliation, but without it, you're really flying blind.
Man, all politicians at this point disgust me. Seriously. It seems like the objective of any party is not the will of the country, but what is best for their agenda. Their agenda being to get reelected. Believe me when I say I pay no attention to the party. I relate most to the libertarian party the most right now, but even they have many many flaws. I honestly listen to each and every candidate and give them all a chance at my vote but reluctantly have been voting for my choice. I don't really like any of them. I'm thinking recently that our system is failing us. I have always been the write my congressman/representative/speaker of the house/ president type (if you want contact info, I will gladly provide) but my secular stance is only a part of my personal agenda. This is why I still hold out hope for this country being great, we still have freedoms that other countries do not. If you want to know how I think this country should be run, I will gladly let you know. It doesn't follow in line with any, ANY political party. I really hope you can trust me when I say I don't follow political parties and I don't fly blind at the same time, I subscribe to every one of their newsletters, listen to everything that they have to say, am a member of the republican as well as the democratic party and go to the local meetings, watch CNN, FOX, my local member supported news source (GPB) and everything in between. I am a drinker of NO Koolaide! I vote on the person, not the party. If you don't believe me... oh well.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service