We found out how my daughter passed her algebra class!!!!

My daughter has had a lot of trouble passing her algebra class at her university.  She just CANNOT do algebra.  She failed last sememster, then worked her butt-off this semester.  Lots of stress, worry from my DH about paying for another failed class, etc.  She pulled it off by the skin of her teeth. YAY!  BUT.  Here is where we were stupid.  Our next-door neighbor who is a very good neighbor and a really nice person (as is her husband), brought us xmas cookies (yum!) and told me that she was so happy my daughter had passed because she and her husband had PRAYED for her to pass!!!  WOW!  We thought it was my daughters spending a whole semester spending hours in the math-lab getting tutored, staying up all night studying, etc.  and here ALL she had to do was ask our neighbors to pray for her to pass!

(sorry I sound so mean, but really? That's like Tim Tebow (sp?) thinking jesus makes him win football games when there are kids dying in horrible pain in the world.  BTW SNL had an Excellent  skit of jesus and Tim Tebow in the locker-room after a game. Hilarious.  Look it up on YouTube!)

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dyscalculia! that's the thing. grrr..good luck.

Yes!  She goes Friday to find out the results!  I Actually hope she has it, because that would explain all these years of frustration and might excuse her from the only math class she needs to take to get her Journalism degree!

As a cautionary note, I wouldn't recommend prayer for passing biology.  God doesn't believe in evolution.  Might backfire.

That's funny!

I would've been all serious-like and asked your neighbor how come God had time to help your daughter pass a class, but couldn't save people from [insert current natural disaster here].

She would just say we can't know 'gods ways' or some crap like that.  She is really nice and really stupid. lol

Yes, the "God works in mysterious ways" card they like to play is so annoying. Imagine if we held everyone to those same standards. Medical care, for one, would go down the drain.

What I want to know is if they think there is a 'god' and he/she/it plans everything and knows every outcome of everything, why do they pray for he/she/it to change he/she/its mind?  Isn't that questioning 'god'? Why do they seek medical care? If 'god' gave them cancer or knows they have it and knows they don't want it, why beg 'god' to take it away? Praying=Begging=Not trusting that their 'god' is doing what he/she/it thinks is best for them.

Why do they pray? A sick, co-dependent, master-slave, sado-masochistic relation. He needs the fawning, grovelling, and boot licking to satisfy his his undeserved arrogance and over-inflated ego. They need the beatings, degradation and humiliation to please the one in control, since they're too chicken shit to acknowledge control over their own lives.

One minor problem. They're licking the boots of death born out of fear, and there's no one wearing any boots.

That about sums it up!!!

If there is a next math or science class, have her utilize a tutoring service if she is experiencing difficulties.  I don't recommend math-lab for tutoring.  The students running the lab are generally not the best at that sort of thing.  For those that are top rate in the math-lab, their time and attention will be too divided.  "Just my thoughts from an ex-academic"  Congratulations to your daughter!  It is good to prevail over any obstacle.

Thanks for your reply.  She is done with science (no problem there unless higher-math was involved).  math-lab was only for classes not considered college-level (it was Algebra 2).  She had a tutor in high school for it after she failed it the first time, then tested back into it at college.  Now she needs a college-level math course.  They don't have math-lab for that, and if she has to take math we will absolutely get her a private tutor.  Everything has always come so easy for her I think it is doubly frustrating to just NOT understand something no matter how she tries.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service