Warrant for the pope's arrest for crimes against humanity and conspiracy?!

Tags: arrest, pope

Views: 446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure - I would have to research this more.

But it says he is living in Vatican City for sanctuary to avoid prosecution.

So wait--he resigned to AVOID arrest?

Or he can be arrested, now that he has resigned and is no longer a head of state?

I do wish people would get their stories straight!

Hard to know if those articles are legit.  I would love it if they are.  Sometimes things like this snowball, like the fall of Ghadaffi, or the fall of the USSR.

Thanks for posting.  You gave me some hope.

Here's a Reuter's article on the same issue.  Reuters is pretty mainstream.

From the Reuter's article:

In 2010, for example, Benedict was named as a defendant in a law suit alleging that he failed to take action as a cardinal in 1995 when he was allegedly told about a priest who had abused boys at a U.S. school for the deaf decades earlier. The lawyers withdrew the case last year and the Vatican said it was a major victory that proved the pope could not be held liable for the actions of abusive priests.

I bolded that last part to emphasize the hypocrisy of the RCC.  The Vatican is admitting that they have abusive clergy in their ranks, and yet refuses to excommunicate a single one of them.  Not that excommunication should be of much value to their victims, but it would begin to show some honest remorse on behalf of the RCC.  These sick bastards need to be cut out or their support system so that they understand that their past transgressions are something that they need to work out with their conscience, their victims, and their god - alone, without the support of their former crew.

Let's see, do these Websites have any particular agenda?

Seventh Day Adventists

Hang The Bankers

Nah.

As the Vatican is a sovereign state he would have to be extradited to stand trial - very unlikely - tried by the Vatican courts - even less likely.  The Rat will live in comfort for the rest of life.   

I don't think it's a matter of 'now that he resigned he can be arrested'. The Vatican is sovereign. I think what's more likely to have happened is that the knowledge of the warrant (which he knew of prior to resigning) may have triggered a mutual discussion about his stepping down in a form of damage-control for the church. In other words, his reputation and the disgust toward him, and society's negative view, were mounting to a point that it's possibly endangering the welfare of the church. It's one thing to grant him immunity in the Vatican, it's quite another to allow him to continue representing the head of the church. I can say right now that 'I'm getting old' is not a valid excuse for stepping down as Pope. First, because Popes just don't do that. They typically die in their position. Second, because he looks far more able-bodied than most of the recent previous Popes. And third, because generally in strict monotheistic religions like these, god-appointed positions cannot just be retired from because you feel like it. It's something you carry to your grave, the same way Jesus did. In their mythology, Jesus didn't throw his hands up and say 'I'm tired of being the Messiah guys. Can I quit?'. There has to be something larger at work that would cause him to step down, and we already know groups have been pushing to have him tried for crimes against humanity for a while.

OK that would be a reasonable explanation/reconciliation of the different threads I've seen on this subject--I really HAVE seen people make each of the claims I mentioned above.

I remember years back, under the Bush regime, a court in Texas dismissed a case against the pope also.  People have tried for decades to bring the pope and cardinals to justice.

People must understand:

Any indictment of a cardinal will ultimately involve the pope because cardinals make a vow to unconditionally obey the pope.  So that whatever they do, it's in obedience to the pope and the pope must ultimately answer.  He can't claim no responsibility for their concerted actions, particularly when it's so obvious the cover-up policy / conspiracy is widespread and applied in the entire globe.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service