Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks this simply shouldn't be allowed or practiced!

So today a friend messages me on Facebook. She asks me to help her with a project. Sounds pretty mundane, so I ask her about it. She can't tell me what it is, some sort of "trust" thing. It's apparently for an online course she's taking. She tries to make me promise to do whatever it is for at least a week. Already warning bells are going off in my head, because I don't believe in those sorts of projects.

I ask a lot of questions, which aren't too helpful. I finally agree because I'm not really sure how to say no. So she tells me to start drinking until I need to pee. I'm busy and all, but I figure it'll take 20 minutes. No. I go for about an hour or two, getting completely sick and finally in so much pain that I have to wonder how long this will go on until she lets me stop, wondering how on earth I can re-do this every day for a week. In addition, I have to constantly update her on how I feel. Then I find out that she honestly expects me to hold my pee for a week. Straight. Then I can have one bathroom break, and then one more week of holding it.

I freaked out when I finally peiced that together. Aside from the stabbing, stinging pain and pressure, I was sick to my stomach, lightheaded, tired, and then starting crying and hyperventilating. So I begged her for sweet mercy. She gave me a half-assed pep-talk. But I could not do it. I don't know how anyone could. She guilted me with her failing the class and not getting a scholarship. But I quit anyway. It's such an unethical assignment I don't think it's even legal. People could, quite literally, die. And she has to make 15 people do this!

After unsuccessful begging, when I finally told her I had to pee, she preceded to say how she had learned that I was untrustable and blah blah blah. I think she may have blocked me because she had no response to my talented groveling/apology. I rarely have an experience like this... It seems like the sort of thing that only happens on teen sitcoms. I'm pretty sweet, not too hard to get along with. Now I have to go to school afraid to see this girl.

So I feel a little bad, but not very. Because I don't think I could make someone do that, scholarship or not. And I'm going to beat up her professor.

Am I alone in being horrified by this? Is it legal? My psychology class showed me much tamer studies that were considered unethical. Not to mention that it would be far simpler to merely teach the material as it's known, rather than torture innocent people again and again. It's incredibly worrisome that a professor could have so little foresight!

Insights, opinions, similar stories? 

Tags: assignment, immoral, pee, study

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find it very hard to believe she did it as a baby, you simply cannot make babies hold their pee for very long at all. Sounds like she's making up her excuses as she goes along.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service