why are there xtian "ad sense" banners above this site?

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Because the owners of this site don't get the opportunity to vet what advertisements are used ... and because those ad servers use word-search to determine what ads they display, we end up getting the dreck you see there.

If you don't like it, I heartily recommend using the Firefox browser with the Adblock Plus plug-in.  Works fine, lasts a long time.

Yeah - Loren is right! Adblock will get rid of those.

I see a ChristianMingle ad once in a while on the site too, that makes me laugh.  I'm guessing key word search again and we do use the word god (always lower case) a bunch on this site.  If they are helping to pay the bills and keep this site going I'm all for it.   

Fortunately, lately the only banner ads I've been seeing are for Watch ESPN, which is good if you have TimeWarner, BrightHouse or Verizon. I've got Charter, so I do get ESPN3 though. *LOL*

Same reason you see Microsoft ads on Linux sites....

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Pat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
9 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked Grinning Cat's photo
12 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion In Liberia Christian Churches blame gays for Ebola in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
18 minutes ago
Pat replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
19 minutes ago
matthew greenberg replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
20 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
31 minutes ago
Grinning Cat posted a photo
41 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to L. Alcorn's discussion Early Christianity
43 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
53 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
53 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion Queerty Interview With Author of New Book About Judy Garland, Big LGBTQ Icon: Judy on Religion in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
58 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Nose Nerve Cells Repair Man's Severed Spinal Cord in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service