anybody else watching? it's awesome and has a smart atheist as a lead character.

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, so, no wonder I've never heard of it.

i'm watching.  i'm enjoying it for a myriad of reasons, including the actors, story, cinematography, and the occasional nekkidness (come one, she was spectacular in episode 2).  but the most significant thing, imo, is that it's creating a new genre.  call it "the really really long movie" genre.  it allows a story to be told in a manner that is both captivating to the viewer and rewarding to the maker.  no artistic restrictions - not time, subject matter, language, sexuality, or other.  this kind of thing is the next step in storytelling, and it's gonna kill the networks.  

here's one area where i think "big gov't" is a problem.  the FCC is holding back the networks ability to compete b/c of censorship.  ironically, the folks who cause all the ruckus about nudity or vulgarity on tv tend to be conservatives, who want the gov't to interfere on their behalf.  because, the children...or something.  

" ironically, the folks who cause all the ruckus about nudity or vulgarity on tv tend to be conservatives, who want the gov't to interfere on their behalf.  because, the children...or something." They don't want big gov., unless it benefits them alone.

Never heard of True Detective. Maybe I don't have the channel it shows on.

Just saw a clip today. I went to netflix and put season one in my queue. You know, i have never had cable, really. Right now, i have netflix instant watch, and I find shows on my computer, and connect it to the tv. The funny thing is that a while back, i couldn't stand matthew mcconaughey, but i've done 180. I saw a couple/few recent movies where he played a ruthless character, and he was very good. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Steve Shives posted a video

Book Two, Chapters 20-21 - An Atheist Reads Ray Comfort

The series examining the works of Ray Comfort concludes with reviews of Chapters 20 and 21 of Comfort's book, God Doesn't Believe in Atheists. Don't forget t...
7 minutes ago
Ted E Bear replied to Ted E Bear's discussion The Freethought Blog. It's become a problem now.
36 minutes ago
Luara replied to Ted E Bear's discussion The Freethought Blog. It's become a problem now.
50 minutes ago
Ted E Bear posted a discussion
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
5 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
5 hours ago
Joan Denoo liked nice girl's blog post Why I am here
5 hours ago
Jason Andrews commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
6 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
6 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
7 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
7 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service