Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian: (which none of you are, so don't worry your pretty little heads)
10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

This is brilliant! Christians are so absorbed in their own hubris and delusions and self-righteousness that they are blind to facts, and even a little intelligence. I do find it interesting how Christians preach a loving god who will send anyone who does not believe in him (or her) to an everlasting hell. Is it even logical, according to the Traditional square of Opposition, to say that god is all loving yet has enough "no loving" in him to condemn his "children" to a burning lake of fire? If he is all of something, then there can be no room for anything else. He can't be all loving and have some hate in him as well. I guess it is just one of those Xtn. things... Check out evilbilble.com for more hilarity and interesting facts...

Tags: bible, christianity, evil, evolution, fundamental, hypocrisy, irony, polytheism

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/how-to-tell-if-you-are-a

http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/top-ten-signs-of-fundamental

Folks, in the interests of civilisation, camaraderie and good will to one another, it is NOT a good idea to share your chain mails with the forum. The odds that nobody's ever seen them before are virtually nil.

Good grief - google it and the first hit is -

http://www.evilbible.com/Top_Ten_List.htm

One of our most highly recommended reference sites.
I meant to hyperlink it...it's not a chain mail...I don't do that. (I did google it, long ago....and you are right). In the interest of civilisation, and good will, I will heed your advice. Thanks felch...
No sorry, I owe YOU the apology - I didn't read it to the end:

Check out evilbilble.com for more hilarity and interesting facts...

At least you did do the right thing.

I was more cranky at the other poster I linked, you just got caught in the crossfire.

I'm a cranky old fart that still remembers Usenet and watched it go down the toilet through careless posting habits (and spam and trolls), so I'm a bit of a pedant - don't want to see this place go down the same path. Again - sorry... I don't forgive the other bloke tho'.
Aw, felch...I don't get offended. I understand. You have nothing to apologize for. I love grouchy, opinionated, old farts!
I snapped before reading all the way through. My bad.
Bless you, my child...
I'm definitely going to try to use this in my next debate (hopefully with my brother), especially #9; sweet.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo liked John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years
4 minutes ago
Joan Denoo posted a blog post
8 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
31 minutes ago
Freethinker31 commented on Freethinker31's blog post About that Bible
53 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
1 hour ago
Sentient Biped replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
k.h. ky replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Flying Spaghetti Monster invades heaven.
1 hour ago
k.h. ky replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
1 hour ago
Tara Toleman joined John Tidwell's group
1 hour ago
Sentient Biped commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
2 hours ago
Sentient Biped replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service