To Facebook or Not to Facebook, that is the question

So recently I am discovering that Facebook is simply a time filler. I get almost no use out of the site. I am here on the nexus and on LinkedIn. I can also join any of the myriad dating sites if I would like to find a "suitable mate". Exactly what purpose does Facebook serve? I suppose it keeps me in touch with childhood friends most of whom have not left the hometown and with whom I have little in common. Is it "wrong" to delete or "inactivate" my membership? There is a nostalgic part of me that wants to maintain my membership but another part that says why bother. What do you think?

Tags: Facebook, In, Linked, LinkedIn, childhood, date, dating, friends, youth

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I quit facebook because of the privacy issues.  It was nice having a way to connect with s handful of friends, close and far.  But the idea of facebook tracking me even when not signed on creeped me out.  I don't know if they actually did that, but talk of same was the last straw.  In addition, facebook kept trying to get me to friend people who I had no idea who they were, or why.  Having friends who don't know each other, and have nothing in common except through me, friend each other, is also kind of creepy.  In fact, the program was nagging me to friend strangers.  I miss being able to update with those few friends.  I value my privacy.  Giving "big brother" even more access to my life was too much.  To hell with facebook.

My  family and friends are spread pretty much around the country and world so its nice to see the latest photos and see what they are doing I love it.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service