TIME Magazine: "Does the Death of 200 Cows in Wisconsin Confirm Biblical Prophecy?"

Spoiler: No.

Seriously Time? Wtf kind of reporting is this?

"For a number of Christian theologians, it's enough to suggest the end of days is near."

Shocking! So does EVERY SINGLE OTHER EVENT, EVER.

What is that statistic? Something like 80% of all believers in the last thousand years has believed the return of Hey-Zeus was going to be in their time? Even Growing Pains said he didn't think that the dead birds were a sign and he's the poster boy for the end of days delusion.

/grr./

"The owner, whose name has been withheld by authorities, told deputies that he suspected the animals died of IBR (infectious bovine rhinotracheitis), a respiratory condition, or BVD (bovine virus diarrhea), an illness that can damage a cow's digestive and immune systems, lead to pneumonia and kill unborn calves."

What?! No way! You can't just blame it on disease! We need MORE than that! It's a sign!

Someone should tell these wackos that 1/3 of the world population died from the black plague and sky wizard didn't show up. Disease happens, luckily SCIENCE can help ya out.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/18/does-the-death-of-200-cows-in-w...

Tags: bible, disease, end-of-days, plague, prophecy

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Time is even pandering to the idiots now?
Every time there is an earthquake or hurricane, I see Christians posting in the comments below the news articles saying that the end is near and that we are having more and stronger earthquakes/hurricanes than ever before.  When I post links to sites that keep track of the statistics for the frequency and strength of such natural disasters and show that the current trend is within the statistical norm, it falls on deaf ears and I get thumbs down.  Idiots.
Maybe the witches did it.

I thought Time pandered to the idiots from time to time(oh dear..my pun is flat). But this is a bit much. 200 cows dying is not prophecy. It's someone putt something bad in the freaking grain and doesn't want to be responsible(or any other logical explination).

But this shouldn't be surprising, with 2012 getting close and folks thinking the world is going to end. We're going to get more and more of this(complete with more groups asserting they know when it will end) until it finally happens. Which reminds me about christian dominionism and their desire to ship Jews to Isreal....

As we all know, under God everything has a purpose, even constipation - it enables prophecy.
Here's an example:

Look at ole Pat straining to squeeze one out - a prophecy that is. Beware Exlax, Milk of

Magnesia, and mineral oil, for they are surely tools of the Devil, designed to thwart

prophecy.

"I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is

melted in the midst of my bowels." (Psalm 22:13-18)

Think of the Lord as you sit upon the porcelain throne, and prophecy shall surely follow.

I thought Time was circling the toilet drain a few years ago.  Unfortunately, becoming more stupid will not save the once venerable news magazine.  Another victim of stupidification via life in the internet age.

The problem with christorrhea is that it is incurable.  Almost any interesting event causes these people to start spewing their religious bullshit.  Most likely, they know it's nonsense, but they still can't control themselves.  They're basically Charlie Sheen on Jesus.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Tom Sarbeck commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
17 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
49 minutes ago
Jason Blair replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
52 minutes ago
Jason Blair replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
56 minutes ago
1 hour ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
David Seidman replied to Carrot Hare's discussion Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!
1 hour ago
David Seidman replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Men not empathic partners in the group Feminist Atheists
1 hour ago
David Seidman replied to Rasheeda Nizam's discussion Religious Diversity
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service