What do you guys think about all the crazies who think that because the Aztecs ran out of stone on their slab that December 21, 2012 is the last day of the earth? That date happens to be my sister-in-law's birthday, which is somewhat humerous on an inside joke level, but seriously, they could have come up with a more creative date than that, don't you think? Why not 12/20/2012? I personally will be in a bunker on that date to protect me from said crazies, but it just reminds me of the whole Y2K uproar... I would love to hear your input :o)

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a bit miffed at the movie. Sure, the special effects look nice, but does Hollywood think about the affect this will have on people who actually believe this shit? Of course not.

I worry about us... I have a feeling we'll eventually all die out at a slow, yet steady pace, gradually losing our technology and reverting back to a tribal state, after which we are quietly killed off one by one by the changing environment, predation and disease. The last man on earth will be quite surprised by his state of affairs. He'll wander aimlessly in search of other tribes, finding only remnants of huts and tools, suffering indescribable loneliness for weeks until he finally succumbs to starvation, unwilling to live.

Other species have all gone extinct this way. It's the only way that makes sense.
Possibly the same stone calibration company that worked on Moses' ten commandments stone tablets? Servicing manuals conveniently lost in a burning bush.
err...no...you must have me confused with some other cow...
There's going to be a lot of pissed-off End-Timers doing last minute xmas shopping in 2012.
Thank you for sharing, it's perfect :o)
I'm glad you got it all out ;o) No worries.
Whoa, whoa, guys, before all this commotion about the world ending, let's wait for Jesus first!

He's cooking something.......
Jesus is coming! Open your mouths!
You're right, sorry, we jumped the gun a bit, didn't we? :oP
I kind of hope it's true...what better way to thin the herd! LOL
Related note: I tell my fundie friends if the rapture or something like that happens not to worry- I'll turn out the lights for them... then they proceed to tell me all about the place in hell I will occupy, to which I reply "I know all about it. I already have my application in for a middle-management position!" You should see the blank stares I get!
LMAO! Can I be your assistant?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service