"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a money aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. This issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of the moneyed corporations which already dare to challenge our Government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country"
- Thomas Jefferson, 1791
Flash forward to 2011, millions have had their homes foreclosed, are in debt, jobless and angry: Wall Street is occupied.
Most shockingly: know that the Federal Reserve note that we use today as our fiat (debt-based) currency is entirely illegal. Let's see:
Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution
The Congress shall have Power . . .
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States; . . .
Also Section 10 of the Constitution forbids anything except the values of gold and silver to be fixed as legal tender. In other words, not debt but tangible assets, specifically gold and silver, must be fixed as legal tender.
Here's what kwaves.com has to say about the irony of our currency being used globally:
George Washington and the Dollar
It is unfortunate that the picture of George Washington is reflected on the $1 dollar bill today. His gift to us was a solid currency backed by gold and silver. He despised the false promises of fiat money, enough to encourage Congress to impose a death penalty for issuing the type of money he is now pictured on.
1. Only Congress has the power to create and fix the value of our legal tender, not a PRIVATE BANK owned by foreigners, such as the Federal Reserve;
2. The establishment of the Fed was inconstitutional;
3. George Washington would have punished the several banking families at the top of our financial pyramid with the death penalty;
4. Again, the Federal Reserve note that we use as currency is illegal;
5. It's undeniable on this day that Jefferson's prophecy is sadly fulfilled. It's as if the Founding Fathers were watching the day of judgement scenario taking place on Wall Street from above and saying: "We told you so!".
LEARN THE HISTORY OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE