Views: 953

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This poster really shouldn't piss anyone off (Atheist, at least).   The occurrence of all the things listed in that poster is stemmed from a belief in deities.  

How do I say this gently?

Many of us have known trauma of various kinds and years later we might still react to it. For instance, I hear a few old men defend their right to beat their children. I don't find humor in their words and I don't listen patiently.

My memories of my parents' violence never resulted in nightmares, the most serious level of post-traumatic stress. My memories did result in my being hyper-alert, the least serious level of PTSD.

I've had time to deal with my memories and I have for 15 years lived in a retirement home for war veterans. A few years ago I became able to laugh as I told other veterans I'd grown up in a violent home and had PTSD before I went to war.

Okay, that first poster. My first reaction to it was not laughter. I wanted to know whose work it was; I'm still alert to the damage xians can do to my rights. I want to know my political enemies so I can defeat their efforts.

To those here who became uncomfortable, I can say I understand. I want to say "I hope you have the resources to recover from your stress."

Then, seeing that poster again, I chuckled.

Finally, I'm saddened that some xians are so seriously damaged that they believe it.

Yeah, Napoleon, I chuckled when I saw your contribution.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service