My girlfriend and I are thinking about moving and the city we keep coming back to is Memphis, TN. I'm a very strong atheist and will argue until I'm blue in the face when anyone will try and tell me that I need I be saved. Being from Boston, luckily it doesn't happen all too often. So I'm left with the question - what is like in Memphis? I can keep my mouth shut when I walk down the street and people hand out pamphlets in Kenmore square. Will this be every block in Memphis? Or will it be like my assumption of most major cities? That is to say laid back and not in your face.

I fully expect if we were to venture out of the metro area it'll be pretty in your face. 

We are visiting this week for the first time and I'd like to know what to expect. 

Views: 408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Ted, lol.  I hope you don't actually have that sticker on your car, I'd be afraid for my life! ;)

Holy crap. I thought Christians were bad. You people are fucking retarded. I have been on the site for just a couple days, and read a few blog posts, and I must say, I am sorry I joined. I get that some things are said using humor, but it sounds like you are afraid you will be Jesus raped in Memphis. WTF! If they walk up to you and spout off that they lost Jesus again and need your help to find him.... ignore them and keep walking. How hard is this? The way some people, a lt of people now that I think about it, sound on this site, you should stop refering to yourself as enlightened and us something that sounds less "smart", like maybe juvenile. Christians will eat your eye? Really? They will? Or is that just the ones from Miami (see, that part was where I used humor, but did not make it sound like I really thought that or lashed out at people). Pretty sure I will go find a more intelligent sounding group to hang out will.

100% agree. I think you did join the wrong community. I'm guessing you have a hard time finding one that will have you anyway. In fact you sound like a child in every reply that you have made. Be gone back to whatever rock you crawled from. 

I agree Write4U and Bill!

Adios, Tracy. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Fucking retarded? Everybody?  Wow and you end with you will find a more intelligent group to hang out ummm "will"?  Well for starters if you want to be above others and slam them you really should make sure you know what you actually type.  I know its just 1 typo "I assume" however, get it rite if you want to bash people or you just sound stupid.  As for more intelligent folks to hang out with sounds like you need to hang with a little lower group.  Or maybe your just a secret religious person that wants to start drama.....

Don't do it! I don't know about memphis, but people here in Kansas are militant about their Christianity.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service