http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/300905/bills-aim-to-roll-back...

This is what happens when you elect a Tea Party member into office.  New bills are being offered in Indiana as well.  In this article, the politician proposing this bill says that scientists "are just guessing".  How do these people get elected?  Seriously??!!

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you've got to see this!!  my email and his response (in reverse order):

Hi Matt

Ignorance is bliss and I am going for the Gold!!

Rep Hopper

Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 2:36 PM
To: Hopper, Gary
Subject: poor New Hampshire

Dear State Representative Hopper, 

I am a Pennsylvania resident, so it takes some doing to press me into contacting another state’s representative, considering I don’t even do this with my own stat’s reps.  This email is in reply to your impending legislation regarding the teaching of evolution in public schools.  So much has been said on this issue, much of which I am sure that you are aware of, that I won’t get into it too deeply.  I would like to reiterate that your proposed bill is an affront to the educational system you so sincerely seem to care about.  One can only imagine it is being done out of sheer ignorance.  This ignorance, likely as the result of religious beliefs, you hope to pass on to future generations of New Hampshire students, but to what purpose?  Keep them uniformed for as long as you can, but when they escape your public institutions of learning, they will enter private colleges and universities where they will discover how sheltered you have kept them.  What embarrassment they will feel as the wool is ripped from their proverbial eyes.  How sad that children would be misled to believe evolution is not true, despite all accounts to the contrary.  They will find out, but it may be too late to make a difference.  Why bother then?  Why not let scientists teach science?  I can only hope that you see the light, for your own resident’s sake.  Either way, your bill will be shot down, and quite easily.  You should spare yourself the embarrassment, and just give up now. 

Matt Greenberg

my response to Rep Hopper:

My whole career can be summed up with 'Ignorance is bliss.' When yo... “ – Jeff Foxworthy

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that ... “ – Isaac Asimov

Apparantly, you prefer the philosophy of the former.  Best of luck.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service