http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/300905/bills-aim-to-roll-back...

This is what happens when you elect a Tea Party member into office.  New bills are being offered in Indiana as well.  In this article, the politician proposing this bill says that scientists "are just guessing".  How do these people get elected?  Seriously??!!

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wonder, if someone did a bit of poking, whether or not they'd find some adherent to the dominionist movement or the New Apostolic Reformation behind that bill.  I don't think those guys are letting up on their "seven mountains" strategy one bit, and I think it's time they were called on their BS.

Loren, please explain.  I'm unfamiliar with the "seven mountains" strategy. 

The "seven mountains" are business, government, media, arts and entertainment, education, the family and religion.  The dominionist movement seeks to dominate each of these fields of life in the name of their christian god, in theory, preparing the way for the return of their putative savior.

If you want to learn more, may I recommend Rachel Tabachnick's excellent website, Talk To Action. She was recently interviewed by Terry Gross of NPR's "Fresh Air" - a chilling interview if ever I heard one.

I honestly don't see how anything he says can be taken seriously, but like you said, how do people like this get elected. This is one of the reasons why outspoken skeptics and critical thinkers (whether they are believer's in a god or not) need to continue to be vigilant about this sort of non-sense. I've decided to start paying a lot closer attention to the politics at my local level, school boards, city councils, etc. In my opinion, this is at least one of the areas where anti-science, religious fundamentalists are getting a strong foot-hold of influence in our daily lives (No one was concerned with the Texas BoE until their efforts to put creationism in the science books).

What you said, Mike ... IN SPADES!!!

listening to that interview you linked....scary!

"I honestly don't see how anything he says can be taken seriously..."

but someone must be taking him seriously, he's an elected official.  and some of these people are influencial enough to be running for the highest public office in the country. 

10 Ways Right-Wing Christian Groups Will Likely Shove Religion Down...

Get involved!  Get active!  Get to the REASON RALLY!

"The Tea Party dominated New Hampshire Legislature on Wednesday overrode the governor's veto to enact a new law allowing parents to object to any part of the school curriculum"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/04/new-hampshire-legislature-...

this is nothing short of DISGUSTING!  if parents want to be involved in setting curriculum, they should either home school or start their own PRIVATE school.  and let's be honest, this is a way to get around teaching evolution.  i highly doubt parents object to the way math or language are taught to their children.  it's all about evolution.  they are a creative lot, i'll give them that.

I know secularist friends who believe they have good and sufficient reason for home schooling, but I'm ALWAYS suspicious of it and of private education run by religious institutions.  It is little short of brain washing in more cases than not.  

The only bright spot in all of this is the inability of christians to agree on ANYTHING!  Can you think of any christian movement that hasn't split at least once. . .and many times in most cases. 

here is the email address for one of the sponsors of this bill, Rep Gary Hopper:

gary.hopper@leg.state.nh.us

let's all drop him a line and say hello.  i'm sure he'll be happy to hear from us. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service