Theory of Relativity is a liberal conspiracy to make you stop reading the bible

If only I were making this up.

Andy Schlafly, son of famed self-loathing-for-having-been-born-with-a-vagina conservative fundie Phyllis Schlafly, founded "Conservapedia;" aimed at correcting all the liberal bias in reality. Including such pinko-commie-liberal writings as the holy bible, which they are re-writing to get rid of the liberal bias. Seriously, I'm not making that one up either. But I digress.

Among the liberal evils Schlafly is seeking to rid his little corner of the world of; Einstein's theory of relativity. Which is totally anti-bible and according to him, if you learn about and believe the theory, it automatically makes you not believe in the bible. 

I facepalmed so hard I knocked myself unconscious for a while. Then came to just long enough to post this. 

Tags: Einstein, conservapedia, homeschooling, of, relativity, schlafly, theory

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

Gotta love these guys sometimes though. I have to agree with some of the sentiments.

For one: "Einstein's theory of relativity. Which is totally anti-bible." I wouldn't say 'totally, but close enough for me.
then second: "if you learn about and believe the theory, it automatically makes you not believe in the bible." I wouldn't be so absolutist about it, but again, close enough for me.

I suppose it's obvious whose not an accommodationalist here, the two are not compatible. I just disagree with Schlafly's conclusion about the winning side.
Yeah, for one thing, we've tested the theory of relativity, using orbital spacecraft. I have yet to see any kind of experiment to prove anything miraculous in the Bible.
Well, it is a theory, though. A theory is essentially a hypothesis that has been proven with a preponderance of evidence. A theory is a fact. You're mixing up the colloquial definition of theory with the scientific one.
No worries. Lots of mixed up distinctions, in technical terminology, and most people screw it up in common usage.
Joe - I was kinda thinking the same thing. "Well, science is generally contradictory to the bible and yes, people smart enough to understand science often do use those smarts to stop believing literally in fairy tales."

Then again, gravity is anti-bible (how else can Jesus rise to heaven?). Yet somehow I don't see many fundies stepping off tall buildings to disprove that one.
Yet somehow I don't see many fundies stepping off tall buildings to disprove that one.

Pity, isn't it?
"if you learn about and believe the theory, it automatically makes you not believe in the bible."

Einstein probably didn't believe in the Bible, but as far as I know he was not an atheist.
Einstein said: " Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former". Stupidity is a tough disease...
How does the re-write of the bible exclude the theory of relativity? In my reading of the bible I guess I missed where the theory is included. Color me confused (and amused)
If you'd put down your Comrade Obama kool-aid down for a second you'd see that science in general has a liberal bias -- unless that science is making guns, then it's all American.
Well yeah, because intelligence makes you liberal. Well-known, statistical fact.
Truth has an obvious liberal bias.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service