Do we have a democracy in the US, or a plutocracy? Or somewhere in between? Or something completely different? How much does money really influence American politics?

Views: 1045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah thanks Will, I've seen this video already a bunch of times, it sure does drop one's jaw! I wouldn't mind learning how to make money off of a downward market as well. The mainstream media always gives the brightest, most optimistic perspectives of "society", etc., as if progress is inevitable. But sometimes, you get to hear the darker side. No way they are letting that guy back on BBC. I recently caught a segment (somewhere) which also called into question the future of the EU and the global economy, and there was one guy who was talking about the impending collapse of the eurozone and potentially another european war. Some guy who wrote a book about how Germans are going into Greece as tax collectors and someone is going to get killed because Greeks are used to their tax collectors NOT collecting taxes... Sorry my memory is so bad.

The executive that runs our country (government) is but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.

I love that statement! That is now my official email signature for Fall 2011 :)

bump

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service