Below are the top 5 submissions for the new Atheist Nexus logo. It was not easy to limit the choices. I sincerely thank those of you who helped make the selections.

I think it is important to note that many of the logos that were not chosen, established styles that a few of the finalists built upon. This was definitely a group effort.

Also, keep in mind, you are not necessarily voting for the final color scheme or background color. After the final one is chosen, we will invite several of the artists to tweak the design.

Please review and pick your favorite. There is a poll box at the bottom of the pictures.

Entry 1:

This one was liked for its simplicity and nice font choice.

Entry 2:

This one was chosen for the colors and the box logo.

Entry 3:

This one is simple and neat. People also liked the emphasis on "The Nexus."

Entry 4:

simple and sleek.

Entry 5:

This one was really liked. The "X" being done as an atom is a nice touch. It is widely known that the atom is the universal symbol for atheism.

Tags: contest, logo

Views: 771

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

They are all very, very good, and I would be happy with any one of them being the logo, but I went with number 5.
Looks like I'm (reluctantly as a rebel) in the majority on this. Number 5 is good, with the stars, and I would hope you could squeeze on the bottom the community phrase that includes freethinkers. Thanks!
A|N seems to have a great number of creative people. This contest has been so much fun to watch and I have loved going over these great logos again and again.

No matter how many times I look at #5, no matter how many different colors it's changed to, I still don't like it.

The main reason is because I think it looks too masculine (not real sure how better to explain it). Another reason is because it splits the NE & US making it look nationalistic. Maybe if it had a different font...I don't know...

I really like #1 but don't think it has what it takes to represent everyone.

I think I am going to stick with #2 because I really like how the logo picked up the familiar A|N, as well as being smooth and compact (if that makes any sense?)
"It is a disappointment that none of the 5 selected logos have emphasised the nexus"

Funky, I think the 'x' in No. 5 does this very well. It seems, to me at least, that the x circles a transparent globe with the cross points suggesting that this is where people from around the world meet. That's one of the main things I liked about this logo. The logos with globes said what we wanted, but tended to look clunky. This one suggests the presence of a globe without actually showing one. A nice bit of sleight of hand, worthy of the Amazing Randi!

I'm not stressing about the 'US' emphasis as it also suggests 'Atheists R Us'. I would, perhaps like our internationality to be stressed in a slogan beneath the logo - where appropriate. Perhaps: 'Where the world's atheists unite' or something of that ilk.
Well, yes, I see your point, Funky, but 'nexus' can also mean 'focus' or 'connection' or 'center'. Even if we take its literal meaning to be 'link', that doesn't mean it has to be as one might envisage a link in metal chain. The cross-point of the 'x' is still a point of linkage or connection.

Again, I must stress that I think our argument is academic at this stage. No. 5 appears to be a clear winner of the popular vote and whether it appears on the site 'as is' or with some minor alterations is a matter for Brother Richard to discuss with Marcoder. The democratic part of the selection process is over - now it's up to Richard to consult with whichever experts he chooses and make the decision he believes is best for the site.

And finally, I have no problem with anyone shortening my name to Kris, Krissy, Kitty, KV, or any other abbreviated form. As Kristy Vensson isn't my real name, it would be insufferably pretentious to get precious about how it's used.
FIVE is honestly the best. #1 is too easily confused with Narcotics Anonymous. I don't think we want that.
Entry 5 would look best on a t-shirt. I'd be proud to wear this one!
I really like #2. It's soothing, and not to sci-fi. However, #5 is a good runner up. (By the way, this is my first post. Feel free to celebrate)
Welcome Johan! Yaaaay!
I liked #2 and #5.
I like the green US in the logo with the starry night.
kinda speaks to helping keep the planet alive...

This logo also makes me think of a network on t.v.... Atheist Nexus - coming to a channel near you.
I'd also like to see #5 on a t-shirt. I'd wear it...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service