The supernatural does not exist........it's the Scariest discussion on the Net !

The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist.

Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe.

Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert.

AC/DC - Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be - Live, 1977

Tags: angels, devils, ghosts, gods

Views: 949

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right - thank you Napoleon. That's what I was trying to talk about here -- I don't think everyone understood my meaning exactly.

The supermarket does exist.

http://youtu.be/qF3AMrRQULI
I know it does because I ghost shopped there

Hmmm - "The scariest discussion on the net," eh?!?

Well, booga-booga, peeps!

I thank all contributors to date.

We concur that the supernatural does not exist but some still feel scared of non-existent gods, ghosts, angels, and devils, particularly in youth. I had been an agnostic for most of my life and didn't think to rule out the existence of a supernature*. As an Atheist I can think logically and rationally about nature and the Earth from which life emanates. I think actual belief in a supernature is wholly unfounded and contributors agree.

Any Atheists with differing views are welcome to comment bearing in mind the definition of Atheism.

The “supernatural” is a refuge for those that can't accept reality, for those that find no purpose in their existence and for those that can't accept their own mortality. It is also a great venue for mental masturbation .

Jim, we who write sci-fi need the supernatural.

Also, what's wrong with masturbation?

I would venture to say that science fiction does not need the "Supernatural", rather, it needs the "unexplained".

Physical masturbation is great when not in excess and as long as it doesn't later preclude physical interactions with others because you've "worn a groove" so to speak. And in the same way, mental masturbation can sometimes lead to creative ways of solving problems no one else has thought of before. But excessive mental masturbation stifles cognitive reasoning.  Instead of learning from evidence to decide, one decides what evidence to learn from. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service