The supernatural does not exist........it's the Scariest discussion on the Net !

The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist. The supernatural does not exist.

Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe. Le surnaturel n'existe.

Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert. Das Übernatürliche nicht existiert.

AC/DC - Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be - Live, 1977

Tags: angels, devils, ghosts, gods

Views: 934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the quote Loren -- I agree!

Thanks for the Heinlein quote and comments Loren.

I agree. I see that as science advanced through the ages, supernatural beliefs receded and became redundant. However, I don't think many people rule out a supernature completely. Supernatural belief is like a virus in incubation which can break out again.

Likewise, I don't believe science will discover a supernature and we are governed by the laws of nature.

It concerns me that over the last year or so I have read postings from Atheists who purportedly don't rule out the existence of a supernature. These people obviously think differently and their views are welcome in this forum. They shouldn't be scared of the ghost noises.

This page is not haunted.

I deal with it this way. I'm not into ghosts and magic, and your god is obviously a magic ghost. It's a nonsensical fantasy shared with others - willfull stupidity.

I never liked the term atheist, and we need a better term than naturalist. Until we find one, I'm stuck with the italicised phrase.

I agree. We can lump together all supernatual beliefs for argument. For example, how can you have a ghost without having a god and visa versa. They're both fantasies about non-existent supernatural beings. 

What's the point of this post? Is this some form of digital Tourette's syndrome?

This post concerns a very serious topic for Atheists. Do you think that human knowledge has advanced to the stage where we can rule out the existence of a supernature? What are your own views ?

Yes, but why is it repeated over and over again? It's unlikely to get much dispute on a site like this, so driving it like that seems moot.

Is there something I'm not seeing in its repetition?

Well, I thought it was a good idea at the time.

It's artistic presentation at an amateur level.

I have made my points in the comments above and this is not meant to be a joke. There appear to be Atheists who believe in the supernatural and I'm flabbergasted.

As has been pointed out in the commentaries, we might need a new word for our Atheism.

You didn't see the repetition as the work of a kid in a church-run school whose teacher ordered him to go to the chalkboard and write "The supernatural does exist" 80 times...and he rebels?

I know I could have done better but there are good commentaries here and we have to work with what we've got and improve it.

Hi Solmarie, thanks for your comment.

I think the answer to that is we are life-forms like all other life-forms emanating from this planet. Call us mammals, primates, Homosapiens because that's us and we get scared just like other animals get scared. It's natural.

Sure, in my teens and twenties I got scared sometimes but we then look at the issue rationally and concur that the supernatural does not exist.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service